Aller au contenu principal

Reference documents : exemptions and special cases for conflict resolution

Requests for exemptions and special cases concerning PhD students, supervisors, research units, Conflict Resolution

These cases are examined case-by-case by the council of the doctoral school, or by another competent collegiate institution.

Additional information may be requested to investigate the file.

Conflict resolution

Résolution des conflits : faire appel à l'école doctorale dès que possible


Conflict resolution: use the doctoral school as soon as possible



Other cases - For PhD students

To request a derogation of time of the preparation of the thesis


To apply for a legal extension of the duration of doctoral preparation

In certain special cases (long-term sick leave, parenthood), it is possible to have an extension of the thesis provided that the request is made​.


To declare an abandonment of the preparation of a thesis


Request a Gap year


To request an exception to the degree requirement required for doctoral enrollment


Request a transfer to another etablishment


Request to modify record of thesis under preparation (STEP)



Other cases - For supervisors