New on the Orsay campus...
A food truck! Located in front of the building 336, from 11 am to 2 pm: in addition to a snacking offer (fish and chips, Comté burger, marinated chicken skewers...). World cuisine is in the spotlight with its exotic scents (vegetable achar, sautéed chicken noodles, shrimp noodles, yakitori skewers....).
Self-service display cases: located inside the Amphitheatre Cafeteria, building 332, from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm, students can, according to their desires, taste real pasta, pasta boxes and quench their thirst with the drink of their choice. This cafeteria is also equipped with a microwave, and has a lunch and snacking offer.
Resto U or Cafeteria?
The resto U gives you the opportunity to have a balanced meal for a small charge. You will be able to choose a dish, and 3 sides--starters, cheeses, milk or fruit. There is a wide choice and no shortage of combinations!
All restaurants are subject to regular checks on the quality and hygiene of the kitchens.
Please be patient because the queue can be quite long between 12 and 1 pm! Lovers of the resto U must have at least one hour between 2 classes.
If you are in a hurry, you can always go to the cafeteria for lunch. In addition to sandwiches, the cafeteria offers croque-monsieur, salads, sometimes a daily special, and you will also find croissants, custards, yogurts, fruits... All in all, enough to have a good meal for a small amount of money.
How much does it cost?
The resto U are all managed by the CROUS. The price of a meal was 3.25 € for the academic year 2017-2018.
As for the cafeterias, they can be managed by the CROUS or by private companies, hence the price differences from one cafeteria to another. Prices on campus are usually much lower than off-campuses places. For example, coffee is on average €0.70.
The same resto U tickets are valid throughout the entire Versailles academy (departments 91,92,95,78).
FYI! Restaurant counters only accept cash and credit cards.
Resto U, cafeterias, bars... all the addresses!
> UFR Droit-Economie-Gestion Orsay- cafeteria, building 236, open Monday to Friday, from 8.30 am to 4 pm.
> UFR Droit-Economie-Gestion Sceaux
- Resto U "La coulée verte"- Building. E, open every day from 11:30 am to 2 pm.
- Cafeteria- Building F, ground floor, open daily from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday from 11:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Bar- Building E, open from 11:30 am to 2 pm
> UFR Médecine- Cafeteria - Open Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 3.30 pm.
> UFR Pharmacie- Resto U open from 11.30 am to 2 pm.
- Cafeteria- open from Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 3:45 pm.
> UFR Sciences
- Resto U d'Orsay "Les Cèdres" - Building 406, Monday to Friday from 11:30 to 13:45 and from 18:00 to 21:30.
- Cafeteria "Le Tropical", open Monday from 8 am to 5 pm, Tuesday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm, Saturday from 9 am to 2 pm.
- Resto U "Les Marais de Bures" - Building 230. Open Monday to Friday from 11.30 am to 1.45 pm.
- Cafeteria of the Linear Accelerator Laboratory (Building 200): Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4 pm.
- "Café des Sports" (Building 230), Monday to Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Bar"L'Amphi" - Building 333. Open Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4 pm.
- Self-service display cases located inside the "L'Amphi" Cafeteria, Monday to Friday from 11 am to 2.30 pm.
- Cafeteria "L'Expresceaux" - Building 237. Open Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- A food truck, located in front of building 336, from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.
> IUT Cachan
- RU l'Arlequin, Monday to Friday from 11.15 am to 2 pm
> IUT Orsay / Polytech Paris-Saclay
- Cafeteria open Monday to Friday from 8 am to 3 pm.
- Access to the CentraleSupelec's Resto U, located 3 rue Joliot Curie (Eiffel building), Monday to Friday from 11:30 am to 2 pm and 6:30 pm to 9 pm.
- PUIO cafeteria (bat 640), self-service meals or vending machines, Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 3:15 pm.
- Lieu de Vie university restaurant: Monday to Friday, 11.30 am to 2 pm.
- Cafeteria du Lieu de Vie : Monday to Friday from 8 am to 9.30 pm
- RU ENSAE, at the 22 Cours Pierre Vasseur in Palaiseau, Monday to Friday from 11:30 am to 2 pm.
- ENSAE cafeteria at the 22 Cours Pierre Vasseur in Palaiseau, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm.
- self-service at the ENSAE, Monday to Friday from 10 am to 9 pm.
> IUT Sceaux- Cafeteria open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 3:45 pm, Tel: 01 40 91 24 30.
- Students have access to the "Resto U" of the Jean Monnet Faculty in Sceaux, and the Faculty of Pharmacy in Châtenay-Malabry.