Accommodation in Paris-Saclay
Paris-Saclay University and its constituent faculties are located south of Paris. Depending on the faculties you are attending, the location of your classes may be:
- Orsay - Bures
All these cities are on the RER B line, about 30-45 minutes from Paris, see map below.
Managed by the CROUS, the residences are located close to the teaching sites.
Go to the website: https://trouverunlogement.lescrous.fr/
Obtaining an accommodation in a university residence can be difficult because the number of rooms available does not always meet the demand. Plan for an alternative solution and continue to look for accommodation even after you have submitted your accommodation request.
Find a rental with STUDAPART
You are a student of the University Paris-Saclay, and you are looking for an accommodation outside the CROUS park? A platform is at your disposal for :
● Find a rental
● Find your roommate
● Find a sublet
● Find a temporary room
Thousands of privately-owned apartments are available near the different campuses of the University.
HEBERJEUNES: Association housed on the Orsay campus (Building 311), can also help you find your accommodation in the south of the Paris region.
Open to the public on Tuesday and Wednesday from 2 pm to 6 pm and Friday from 9 am to 12 pm.
Tel : 01 69 15 65 44 / 52 52 / email@example.com
More information on the Héberjeunes website
FAC-HABITAT: Association managing residences for people under 30 years of age: www.fac-habitat.com
SCIENCE ACCUEIL: researcher, teacher, technician, executive, or doctoral student working or researching in a higher education institution or in a company on the Saclay Plateau and its surroundings.
6, Bd Dubreuil - 91400 Orsay
Tel: 01 69 33 16 85 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Univercity / ARPEJ : https://www.arpej.fr/
The association ensemble2générations puts students, age 18 to 28, looking for accommodation, in contact with senior citizens who provide them with a room.
There are 3 possible formulas, depending on the expectations of the seniors and the availability of the students:
- free accommodation in exchange for very regular attendance in the evenings and at night (4 evenings + 2 weekends free/month)
- economic housing with co-payment and mutual aid
- housing with solidarity rent in exchange for a light conviviality and spontaneous services (APL possible)
Ile de France and Province Network: www.ensemble2generations.fr
There are also private student residences not far from the teaching premises: do not hesitate to contact them. Private search engines can help you find low-cost accommodation.
- Visale, the Caution Locative Étudiante, which is a state guarantee allowing students with income but without personal guarantors to have easier access to accommodation: https://www.actionlogement.fr/la-garantie-visale
- The LOCA-PASS guarantee, a free refundable deposit for the payment of rent and rental charges, given to the landlord from the moment the tenant enters the premises. https://www.actionlogement.fr/la-garantie-loca-pass
- The ALS, the Social Housing Allowance, is intended for all students. It is calculated according to your resources.
- The APL, the Personalized Housing Assistance, is intended for students living in housing that is subject to agreements between the owner and the CAF. The APL is calculated according to family resources and the rent. Its amount is deducted from the rent and is paid to the owner or tenant. For more information, contact the Caisse d'Allocation Familiale in your département of residence: http://www.caf.fr
This information is given for information purposes only and does not engage the responsibility of the University.