Aller au contenu principal

Students with disabilities

Université Paris-Saclay has developed a policy based on the principle of inclusion for people with a disability or temporary disability which enables students to continue their studies in the best possible way and under the best possible conditions.

The Disability and Studies Department is aimed at students with all disabilities, whether motor, sensory or psychological.

The University’s disability advisors coordinate all efforts in order to identify your research projects, analyse your needs and prepare a personalised assistance and adaptation plan.

Suggested and applicable course accommodations aim to offset the student’s disability. Additionally, students who have received accommodations are subject to the University’s general rules.

Suggested procedures and measures draw on:

  • the Disability and Studies (SHE) Unit
  • the University Department of Preventative Medicine (SUMPPS)
  • the network of Disability Advisors in constituent faculties.


At Université Paris-Saclay, a disabled student may be able to receive course/exam accommodations. They may also receive support throughout their course by the Disability Service.

For this, the student should be recognised as a student with specific needs by the University Department of Preventative Medicine (SUMPPS).

Arrangements should be made as soon as possible at the beginning of the semester, so that appropriate accommodations can be made.


All requests for accommodations must be sent to your constituent faculty’s disability service within 15 days of registering at the University. If a disability (even a temporary one) or a disabling illness occurs during the course of the year, the request for accommodations to examinations must be submitted no later than 15 days before the start of the first exam.

- After administrative registration, any students who would like to receive a or several specific accommodations should contact the Disability Advisor in their constituent faculty.
- Once registration has finished, the student should also book an appointment with a doctor at the University Department of Preventative Medicine so that we can assess their accommodation needs.

On the day of the appointment, they should bring their student card, as well as their medical file if possible. The student will explain their accommodation request to the doctor (course and exam conditions).

- Following this meeting, the doctor at the SUMPPS will prepare a medical certificate which suggests accommodations (study and examination conditions) according to the student’s specific needs.

This certificate should be sent to the student’s constituent faculty’s Disability Advisor. The list of these advisors is available in the Vie de Campus/Handicap section on the website.

This medical certificate should only mention accommodations to be put in place. Personal and/or medical information which has been used while creating the certificate is kept confidential respectively by the SUMPPS and the SHE.

- When specific teaching measures are proposed and require an opinion from different support services at the university (doctor, disability service, teaching team, student, etc.), these players form a ‘multi-actor team’. This team will come together to outline the most suitable specific measures to implement, in order to ensure that learning remains accessible.
- The Director, the Dean of the faculty, based on recommendations from the SUMPPS and the Disability Service, will authorise the student to receive accommodations.

This authorisation takes form in a PAEH, drawn up by the SHE with the constituent faculties, that summaries the accommodations to be implemented.

To contact your Disability Advisors, refer to the list of Disability Advisors

Contact:  Tel: +33 (0)1 69 15 61 59

Course, exam or competitive exam accommodations

Programme accommodations

  • Secretarial assistance in class
  • Free photocopy card
  • Enlarged notes
  • Temporary computer or special equipment loans
  • Badge for access to lifts
  • Special loans in university libraries
  • Extended course duration
  • Timetable adjustments and leave of absence

This list is not exhaustive and other types of accommodation may be recommended depending on the faculty, faculty institution and member-associated universities (e.g. setting up a buddy system, sign language specialist, material aids, etc.).

For specific teaching accommodations, a multi-actor team made up of the Disability Advisor, and the course and student health managers will come together to confirm the implemented measures with the student.

Accommodations for exams or competitive exams

  • Extra time
  • Adapted exam subject matter
  • A person to write during texts via dictation
  • Using technical assistance
  • A separate room
  • Temporary computer loan

This list is not exhaustive and other types of accommodations can be recommended in certain situations, depending on the faculties, institution faculties and member-associated universities.

Process and accommodations for engineering school competitive exams

Are you a disabled student who would like to receive accommodations during your engineering school competitive exams? Would you like to find out more about formalities and possible accommodations during engineering school competitive exams? Check out the SCEI page.

Professional Integration and Disability

Do you want to take your first step into the world of work? The reconnaissance de la qualité de travailleur handicapé [RQTH, worker with recognised disability] can provide you with guidance and/or specific financial support, be it as a job-seeker or during an internship. This administrative decision is confidential and is upon request. It gives the right to specific offsetting measures such as modified working hours and/or role, access to specific equipment if necessary, tailored job-seeking support and professional integration support, etc.).

Useful links

Disability Advisors
Every student with a disability is supported by a disability advisor. Every institution faculty at Université Paris-Saclay has a Disability Advisor. The role of the advisor is to answer questions about possible accommodations and the possible need for specific support.  View the list of Disability Advisors in faculties, institution faculties and member-associated universities.

Disability Officers:

Other useful links
The Mon Parcours Handicap governmental platform has a higher education section:
Students with disabilities can be given priority for accommodation. University residences managed by CROUS are located close to teaching areas. Visit the CROUS website