Covid-19: gradual resumption of activities
The university has entered a period of resumption of face-to-face administrative, research and teaching activities.
Staff are invited to return to the sites according to the instructions that their line manager will communicate to them to ensure health and safety measures.
You may contact us at : email@example.com.
The Medical Office (staff and students) are available first by email in each location as well as doctors :
UFR Pharmacie Châtenay-Malabry
UFR DEG Sceaux
Staff and PhD students according to your place of work:
firstname.lastname@example.org Bâtiment 336- Dr Martine Berthier
email@example.com Bâtiment 640 - Dr Hervé Tournier
firstname.lastname@example.org Bâtiment 452- Dr Anne Brun
Taking care of one's health requires also a balanced diet adapted to this particular period.
You may contact a dietician from the medical office of the university (free service).
Contact : email@example.com.
A tobaccologist from the medical service is also available to listen to you and can provide teleconsultations for questions related to tobacco or cannabis use. Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Nightline (open in september) is a listening, support and information service run by students for students.
Reminder of the preventive measures
Strictly observe the following hygiene measures to limit the spread of the virus and the spread of the disease:
- Wash hands regularly with soap or hand sanitizer
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
Check your temperature as soon as you have ENT signs and if in doubt, do not go to university.
- Use disposable tissues
- Do not shake hands to greet people and keep your distance as much as possible, with at least 1 metre between people (especially with regard to fragile people: hospitals, maternity wards, EHPAD, ...)
All of these measures as well as national guidelines regarding travel, will be updated regularly on this University’s website
You can contact the general practitioners of the University Paris-Saclay and the security defense officer at email@example.com.
In case of signs of respiratory infection (fever or feeling of fever, cough, difficulty breathing) :
- Avoid contact with your relatives
- Contact the SAMU (line 15 on your phone) only if you have trouble breathing,
- otherwise contact a local doctor if you have headache or fever
- Limit movement to what is strictly necessary.
For frail people, each case will be assessed individually, the opinion of the usual attending physician should be sought and forwarded to the personnel department and the university's prevention physician. The infirmaries of the University remain at your disposal.
In addition, you can find information on the following sites:
- Government website: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus
- Travel advice from the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/conseils-par-pays-destination/
- WHO FAQ: https://www.who.int/fr/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Finally, for the general public:
- A free number (0 800 130 000) has been set up by the Ministry of Solidarity and Health, open 24/7. However, this telephone platform is not authorized to provide medical advice that is insured by the SAMU emergency centres.
These instructions may change depending on the situation.
The usual bus schedules are restored on the Orsay-Bures-Gif campus.
Users are invited to respect barrier gestures in transport as far as possible.
Wearing a mask remains mandatory on public transport. Failure to comply with this obligation is punishable by a fine of 135 euros.
Accomodation and catering
The CROUS social service is at your service if you need help:
- Students whose higher education institutions are located in the Yvelines (78) ou Essonne (91) departments: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students whose higher education institutions are located in the Haut de Seine ( 92) department: email@example.com
- Students whose higher education institutions are located in the Seine et Oise ( 95) department: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Share Entraide service offers help when you can't do your shopping in isolation.
Université Paris-Saclay is open to international students again !
Following the address of the French President on June 14th and the statement issued by the MEAE (Ministry of Europe and International Affairs) and the French Home Office (Ministère de l’Intérieur), mobility within the European Area1 is now allowed. Both incoming and outgoing students can perform internships again. The University is once again welcoming students from the European area.
1. Countries member of the EU, including Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Saint-Marin, Switzerland and Vatican
However, special attention is paid to securing the students' stays, as well as to the quality of their reception and working conditions. Until August 31st, every student’s mobility at University must therefore be the subject of an application to the International Coordinator and the RI office of the Faculty or school concerned. Students will of course be subject to the specific rules and regulations that may be enforced by each member State (a 2-week quarantine, etc.).
Postponing mobility until Semester 2 is mandatory for mobility outside the European Area unless mobility is compulsory (i.e international degree awarding agreements, international experience included in the curriculum and only possible during Semester 1 without a substitute solution, etc.) and for internships. Students wishing to travel to these countries must be granted approval by the FSD (Civil Defense Security Officer) via their International Coordinator. Students from these countries will report to their host Faculty or School at arrival for a possible medical checkup.
All students performing an international stay must register in the mobility management tool of the International Relations Office :
- I have symptoms of COVID-19.
- My COVID-19 test is positive
- I'm a contact person for a COVID-19 case.
In light of the health crisis (Covid-19), Université Paris-Saclay is implementing all necessary measures in order to welcome students safely on its campus. Teaching teams have adapted their courses in order, on the one hand, to respect safety measures and, on the other hand, to offer alternative solutions for international students who are finding it hard to come to France (late visa or other issues).
International students are expected to attend in person pre-enrolment day. However, for those who are unable to attend, several programmes will be provided via distance-learning until December 2020. To this end, international students are required to have access to a computer with the following specifications:
- a recent version of Windows (10), MacOS 10.14, or Ubuntu. Android 9 and IOS12 for at least 3 hours every day.
- access to an internet connexion with an average output of 500kbits/s, i.e. 64 ko/s. Thus, an ADSL connexion or via mobile of at least H+ or 3G is also required.
- a headset or hands-free device is also strongly recommended.
You will find in the document enclosed the list of all programmes offering distance-learning until December 2020 for international students detained outside France:
Information regarding your situation:
The pedagogical continuity plan in the training courses of the University Paris-Saclay develops the recommendations of the Ministry and implements the continuation of learning through teaching and pedagogical activities in face-to-face and distance learning in all the training courses.
If you have not received any information about your course, or if you encounter difficulties (financial, access to resources, internship conditions, ...), you should contact your training manager and/or the management of the UFR, the IUT, the school where you are registered.
1) In case of problems, students can write to email@example.com.
2) French students abroad and international students: +33(0)6 11 73 99 78
3) PhD students: see frequently asked questions
4) The Social Service of the CROUS of Versailles, which is currently processing applications for all the campuses of the University of Paris-Saclay. Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
5) The Student Life and Equal Opportunities Unit of the University's Department of Studies and Student Life, which has set up an emergency system of Individual Social Assistance for the University (A.S.I.U.). Contact: email@example.com
University library managers are currently preparing arrangements that could be put in place to allow you to borrow or return documents in sanitary conditions that protect both readers and staff. We will keep you informed through all channels when these arrangements become effective. If you have any questions, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help you, the university's libraries are mobilizing and offer you the following services:
- widely available and regularly updated online resources
- an offer of online training courses for bibliographical research
- the possibility to follow online the Youtube channel dedicated to bibliographic training (2 min videos)
- an online appointment with a librarian for personal advice and bibliographical information: via email@example.com
At all levels, it is our responsibility to maintain contact with all our students, to identify students who are isolated, lacking the material means to connect to the internet, or any other problematic case. The priority is to maintain the human link with all our students.
All students must contact their course manager in case of difficulties (financial, access to resources, internship conditions, ...) and/or the management of the UFR, the IUT, the school where they are registered.
To facilitate the use of online pedagogical tools and platforms, the faculties and institutions and associate-member universities set up referents or support units for teachers in conjunction with the UPSaclay's Pedagogical Innovation Department.
Resources in libraries: In order to support students and teachers, the university's libraries are mobilizing (online resources, suggestions for buying electronic books, online training...). More information on their website
In view of the situation, the classroom training sessions, scheduled until September 1st, have all been cancelled. They will be postponed to later dates. We will keep you informed of the new dates. However, we have brought forward the dates and scheduled new training courses that you can follow online from your confining area : https://www.adum.fr/psaclay/formations
We urgently need to identify those whose employment contract or scholarship is due to end in the coming weeks (by end of April), who are currently self-isolated in France and may need an extension or financial assistance, in order to seek solutions quickly and with an overview, together with laboratories, employers etc.. Thank you to those concerned to report here as soon as possible on our online webform.
A channel on SLACK, dedicated to PhD candidates and supervisors, has been opened for you to ask questions. Don't hesitate to log in, get information and exchange with other PhD candidates.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Services and components have gradually begun to recover in face-to-face operations
- Each Component Director, Head of Service and Unit Director identifies the missions to be restarted in person, which conditions the opening of the buildings concerned and the staff required for restarting. The laboratories will be involved as a priority to ensure the restarting of experimental activities.
- Confinement is maintained for the most vulnerable staff, possibly after consulting the competent medical service.
- Family constraints and the possibility of avoiding public transport are taken into account for everyone.
- CESFO’s restaurants will be open at the end of august
- The Medical Office (staff and students) are available first by email in each location as well as doctors :
- IUT ORSAY : email@example.com
- IUT CACHAN : firstname.lastname@example.org
- IUT Sceaux : email@example.com
- UFR Pharmacie : firstname.lastname@example.org
- UFR Droit-Eco-Gestion: email@example.com
Campus d'ORSAY-BURES-GIF :
- Students : firstname.lastname@example.org Bâtiment 336
- PhD students according to your place of work:
email@example.com, Bâtiment 336, Dr Martine Berthier
firstname.lastname@example.org, Bâtiment 640, Dr Hervé Tournier
email@example.com, Bâtiment 452, Dr Anne Brun