Want to learn French? Already speak French but wish to improve your skills? Below you will find different resources in order to do so, whether you are still in your country of origin or have already
Migrant students and researchers at Université Paris-Saclay
Université Paris-Saclay is a member of the MEnS (Migrants in Higher Education) network and as such welcomes and supports students, doctoral students and migrant researchers. On this page you will find contacts and procedures for students and researchers in exile in France.
For further information please contact the university's international and European relations department.
Chantal Escudié : email@example.com
+33 1 69 15 36 48
You are a student in exile and you would like to study at Université Paris-Saclay:
- in the DU Passerelle (intensive French courses)
- or in a regular bachelor, master or PhD programme taught in French
If you are a refugee and you wish to apply for a programme of study at Université Paris-Saclay, we invite you to reach out to the Undergraduate Registrar’s office or to the Director of the elected Master’s course (Master 1 or Master 2) who will explain the application process to you.
How can I contact the offices or the directors?
- Visit the websites of the concerned Constituent Faculty: browse for the top right «Other websites». The Master’s course director’s name is at the top of each master’s course page
- Or, contact the Academic Programmes Office (Direction de la formation et de la réussite ) : firstname.lastname@example.org
In any case, please do specify your refugee status and the course would like to apply for.
Actions of Université Paris-Saclay for students in exile
Together with UNHCR (the UN Refugee Agency) and backed by MEnS association (Migrants dans l'Enseignement supérieur / Migrants in Higher Education), Paris-Saclay University is implementing a bonus system for refugee students or students with subsidiary protection within the framework of the IDEX scale of scholarships.
If you are concerned by this status, please indicate it in your statement of purpose as soon as you submit your application to the master's degree.
More information about the International Master's Scholarships Program IDEX https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/en/admission/bourses-et-aides-financieres/international-masters-scholarships-program-idex
At University Paris-Saclay, the contact is the Head of Research and Valuation : email@example.com
Dans le cadre du développement des services à destination des étudiants internationaux, le Pôle accueil international de l’Université Paris-Saclay est partenaire de l’Union des étudiants exilés. Cette association propose des permanences d’accompagnement aux démarches administratives, au projet d’études, à l’intégration en France à compter du jeudi 5 octobre 2023.
As part of the development of services for international students, the International Welcome Desk of Université Paris-Saclay is partnering the UEE (Union for exiled students). From Thursday, October 5, 2023, this association will be offering in-person support for administrative procedures, study plans and integration in France.
- Students and PhD students in exile, asylum seekers, refugees, under temporary protection, under subsidiary protection, undocumented migrants.
- Students and PhD students with OQTF status can also make an appointment, and will be referred to associations specializing in foreigners' rights.
- All students and PhD students enrolled in a course at the University of Paris-Saclay have access to this service.
When? Every Thursday afternoon from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where? Every other Thursday in each of the following locations
- International and European Affairs Department (as of October 5th), building 300 - 1st floor - Rue du Château - Orsay 91400
- Faculty Law-Economy-Management Jean Monnet (as of October 12th), building A – Office 414 - 54, bd Desgranges - 92331 SCEAUX
Other services and resources
Visit the Campus France website to know more about the support they can provide.
- Students and researchers in exile
- Continue or resume a study programme while being in exile in France
- Migrants in Higher Education (MEnS), the network of French institutions
Campus France also offers scholarships of refugee students:
- "Syria" scholarships from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Master's students (M1 and M2)
- Scholarships programme for Syrian in exile in France
- MOPGA scholarships programme : 4th call is open
- HOPES-Leb programme Higher and Further Education Opportunities and Perspectives for Syrians and vulnerable youth in Lebanon (April 2020-December 2023)
For further information write to : email@example.com
In partnership with the Clinique Juridique of Sorbonne University, the UEE offers a legal helpline for exiles returning to university, who will be able to benefit from assistance with legal procedures concerning the right to stay or the right of asylum.