Migrant students and researchers at Université Paris-Saclay
Paris-Saclay University is a member of the MEnS (Migrants in Higher Education) network and as such welcomes and supports students, doctoral students and migrant researchers. On this page you will find contacts and procedures for students and researchers in exile in France.
For further information please contact the university's international and European relations department.
Chantal Escudié :
+33 1 69 15 36 48
INTERNATIONAL MASTER'S SCHOLARSHIPS PROGRAM IDEX
Together with UNHCR (the UN Refugee Agency) and backed by MEnS association (Migrants dans l'Enseignement supérieur / Migrants in Higher Education), Paris-Saclay University is implementing a bonus system for refugee students or students with subsidiary protection within the framework of the IDEX scale of scholarships.
If you are concerned by this status, please indicate it in your statement of purpose as soon as you submit your application to the master's degree.
More information about the International Master's Scholarships Program IDEX https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/en/admission/bourses-et-aides-financieres/international-masters-scholarships-program-idex
For further information about migrant dedicated support offered by Campus France ,go to:
- Continue or resume your studies during your exile in France
- "Migrants in higher education" The network of French Institutions
How do I apply?
If you are a refugee and you wish to apply for a programme of study at Université Paris-Saclay, we invite you to reach out to the Undergraduate Registrar’s office or to the Director of the elected Master’s course (Master 1 or Master 2) who will explain the application process to you.
How can I contact the offices or the directors?
- Visit the websites of the concerned Constituent Faculty: browse for the top right «Other websites». The Master’s course director’s name is at the top of each master’s course page
- Or, contact the Academic Programmes Office (Direction de la formation et de la réussite ) : email@example.com
In any case, please do specify your refugee status and the course would like to apply for.
How to request asylum
- L’OFPRA is the French Office for the Protection pf Refugees and stateless persons.
- Le guide du demandeur d’asile en France, septembre 2020
Researchers and PhD firstname.lastname@example.org
Migrant studentsTo anticipate academic requirements you can be supported by a référent CNOUS in charge of refugees in your area.
How to obtain the academic recognition of your degree(s)
Having your degree assessed in order to facilitate recognition is highly recommended.
The ENIC NARIC centre can help you. Please go to ENIC-NARIC France | France Éducation international.
Campus France Scholarships programmes
- "Syria" scholarships from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Master's students (M1 and M2)
- Scholarships programme for Syrian in exile in France
- MOPGA scholarships programme : 4th call is open
- HOPES-Leb programme Higher and Further Education Opportunities and Perspectives for Syrians and vulnerable youth in Lebanon (April 2020-December 2023)
For further information write to : email@example.com
A degree/certificate in French is usually required to be accepted by a university. A B2 level in French is required in order to apply at a HEI in France.
CIEP : Dedicated to education and French language worldwide
Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie AUF : Linguistic and cultural assistance to migrant students in order to benefit from a FLE (French as a foreign language) programme.
QIOZ : A free-to-use language learning plateform developed by the Ile-de-France region for its inhabitants
Apprendre le français en France : Facilitate migrants' and refugees' access to higher education and French courses.
The MEnS network