MOPGA: a visiting fellowship programme for young researchers
As part of the fourth “Make Our Planet Great Again” (MOPGA)* call for proposals, the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and the French Ministry of Higher Education for Research and Innovation have launched a visiting fellowship programme for young researchers. The programme is open to young foreign researchers who have obtained their doctoral degree less than five years prior to the application and who wish to carry out their research in France in line with a “One Health” approach.
Forty fellowships will be awarded to young researchers over a 12-month period, starting in January 2022. A fellowship agreement will be drawn up between host institutions and laureates, specifying the means made available by the laboratory that will allow researchers to carry out their projects successfully.
The ‘One Health’ concept promotes an integrated and systematic approach to human, animal and ecosystem health, on local, national and global scales, in a wide range of fields including medicine, veterinary science, agronomy, ecology, sociology, geography, etc. It is therefore highly relevant for Université Paris-Saclay, leader of the European University Alliance EUGLOH (European University Alliance for Global Health).
As part of its strategy to boost doctoral mobility, Université Paris-Saclay aims to strengthen its scientific and academic collaborations, and in particular, via this scheme.
The deadline for applications is 3 May 2021.
Applicants should apply online via Campus France
- Your CV with a list of your publications (4 pages maximum)
- A copy of your PhD degree
- The CV of the French research director during the visiting fellowship (2 pages maximum)
- A letter of support from the French host laboratory
- Letters of recommendation (3 maximum)
- A copy of your passport or national ID
- a monthly allowance of €2,500
- a relocation allowance of €500
- social security cover
- health insurance
- 8 March 2021: the application period opens
- 3 May 2021: closing date for applications
- Late October 2021: the results are announced
- January 2022: the laureates arrive in their host institutions
More information on the call for proposals can be found here: https://www.campusfrance.org/en/visiting-fellowship-program-for-young-r…
If you have any questions, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org
* “Make Our Planet Great Again” (MOPGA) is an initiative launched by the President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron, on 1 June 2017, following the decision made by the United States to leave the Paris Climate Agreement. It is a call for researchers, lecturers, entrepreneurs, associations and NGOs, students and all civil society to contribute to the fight against global warming.