Ce parcours est enseigné uniquement en langue anglaise, toutes les informations sont affichées en anglais.
Optical communications are integral to modern digital society, as the only technology capable of handling large amounts of data over long distances, upon which networks rely. Moreover, the continual development of new online services requires sustaining an ever-increasing traffic capacity, which runs squarely into information-theory transmission limits and an uncontrolled energy consumption both. This course is supported by teaching and research groups renowned worldwide, in topics from Fundamental Physics to Information Theory through Computer Science and Networks.
All information on: https://rosp.wp.mines-telecom.fr
- Vertical knowledge on Optical Communications: from Device Physics, through Optical Transmission to Networking, Information Theory and Digital Signal Processing
- Open knowledge from Optical Communications to other applications of Photonics
- Offer a practical ability with substantial laboratory work for all topics
- Offer both opportunity for future research work or applied work in companies linked with the Photonics domain
- S3 - Semestre 3 ROSP
Refresher: 2 elective courses to be chosen
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Refresher: Physics of Optoelectronic Devices 2 10h 3h 6h Refresher: Communication Networks 2 15h 3h - Refresher: Digital Communications 2 20h - -
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Optoelectronic Devices 4 29h 5h 4h Digital Information Processing 3 24h 3h 3h Error-Correcting Codes and Coded Modulations Applied to Optical Communications 2 15.5h 1.5h 3h Optical Information Propagation and Point-to-Point Transmission Systems 3 18h - 12h Advanced and Next-Generation Optical Transmission Systems 2 12h - 9h Optical Networks 4 9h 9h 12h Future Trends in Optical Networks 2 9h 6h 3h Photonic Systems Towards Other Applications 3 - - 18h
1 elective course to be chosen
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Fonction et intégration photonique 3 30h - - Nanophotonics 3 24h - 3h
- Refresher: 2 elective courses to be chosen
- S4 - Semestre 4 ROSP
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Internship 30 - - -
Classes and lab sessions will be held within the infrastructures of participating institutions in Palaiseau and Paris.
Administrative contacts are in Évry.
Objectifs et débouchés
We aim to train engineers and researchers who can meet these challenges: design optical communication systems suited to given constraints and required applications; design cross-layer optical network architectures, from the physical layer to higher network layers; select optical components according to their performances among current and future solutions; and design the photonic devices needed for optical data processing and transport in future networks.
The expertise in optical solutions acquired by our students is in demand not only in the Information Technology industry and academic research institutes, but translates to other applications as well in the health industry, bioscience, energy, fabrication technologies, environment, and many others.
The organizing institutions are major players in the research fields taught throughout the course.
The organizing institutions collaborate actively with numerous industrial partners and public research centers, including :
- Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs
- III-V Labs
- Orange Labs
Pièces justificatives à joindre à la candidature en ligne / List of documents you have to join to the online application :
- CV/Curriculum vitae (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Lettre de motivation/Letter of motivation (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Relevé de notes 2016-2017/Original and translation in English or French of transcript of records for current academic year 2016-2017
- Relevé de notes 2015-2016/Original and translation in English or French of transcript of records for last academic year 2015-2016 (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Relevé de notes 2014-2015/Original and translation in English or French of transcript of records for last academic year 2014-2015 (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Coordonnées référents/Contact details of the referee
- Curriculum (UE)/CURRICULUM - List of courses taken during university studies (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Justificatif du niveau de Français/French proficency level
La capacité d'accueil de cette formation est de 24 étudiants
Les modalités d'examen de la candidature sont les suivantes : Examen de dossier à déposer sur le site web de l'UPSaclay
Date d'ouverture de campagne : 08/01/2017
Date de fermeture de campagne : 05/09/2017
Students having previous knowledge on at least one on the three blocks: Information Theory & Digital Communications; Semiconductor Device Physics; or Networking.
Students who have completed their 1st year of M.Sc. or M.Eng., or their 2nd year of Engineering school.