Ce parcours est enseigné uniquement en langue anglaise, toutes les informations sont affichées en anglais.
For this interational track, specific fees are applied.
This course gives the necessary knowledge for the decommissioning of old nuclear facilities (laboratories, plants, nuclear power plants, contaminated area) and management of waste. It covers all measures needed to ensure the safety of people and the environment. Learning objectives in terms of professional skills (the know and the know-how) are: •Waste management. •Analysis and resolution of problems associated with the decommissioning of nuclear facilities. •Project management and planning. •Radioprotection associated with waste and decommissioning. •Economy of decommissioning. •Rules and regulations associated decommissioning and waste management. This formation is fundamentally in the heart of engineering sciences, due to its pluridisciplinary approach (mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, project management, data acquisition and interpretation) and its multiscale approach.
The Master is integrated into the training program of the European Institute for Innovation and Technology "Innoenergy".
"The EIT Label is a quality seal awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) to a KIC educational programme that has been assessed positively by the EIT on the implementation of theEIT Quality Assurance and Learning Enhancement (EIT QALE) system and the application of specific quality criteria with focus on the EIT Overarching Learning Outcomes (EIT OLOs), robust entrepreneurship education, highly integrated, innovative ‘learning‐by‐doing’ curricula, international mobility and outreach."
- Most lectures are performed by experts coming from research and industry, in charge of projects related to waste management or dismantling of nuclear facilities.
- Formation includes lot of visits (facilities under dismantling, waste disposed sites in France).
- Up to date learning tools and methods: field school, serious games, simulators, radioprotection practical work.
Modalités de contrôle des connaissances associées aux unités d'enseignement des S1 et S2
Accédez au détail des répartitions horaires Cours/TP/TD
- S3 - Semestre 3 DWM
Matières Ects Cours TD TP PWR Functional Description 4 30h - - Introduction to safety 4 30h - - Environment & Society (conferences) - - - - Radiation protection 1 2 15h 3h - Risk management 4 30h - - Basic Nuclear Physics 2 15h - - Radiation protection 2 3 18h 3h 3h Dismantling & decommissioning 6 49h - - Politics, strategy and management of decommissioning 5 39h - -
- S4 - Semestre 4 DWM
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Calculation codes 4 11h 20h 20h Methods of decommissioning 4 45h - - Waste conditioning 4 51h - - Internship 18 - - -
- INSTN/Saclay : CEA/Saclay
- CentraleSupélec : Châtenay-Malabry
- Ecole des Ponts ParisTech : Marne la Vallée
Objectifs et débouchés
The pedagogical and scientifical objectives of the major lead to the synergy between theoretical and practical knowledge acquisition, knowhow acquisition and behavioural skill acquisition. It is the combination of these three components that define precisely the necessary skills of the engineering jobs in the field of nuclear decommissioning and waste management. The main conclusion is that most of the lectures of the major are performed by experts, coming from research and development laboratories (CEA) or from industry (AREVA, EDF, ANDRA, NUVIA...).
This major mainly leads to employment linked with radioactive waste treatment and management, as well as other professions linked with decommissioning of nuclear facilities of all natures. The training from this major opens up to jobs such as: • Consultant engineer, responsible for defining the nature and stages of decommissioning operations, or responsible for devising storage during the decommission. • Implementation engineer, responsible for directing and overseeing on-site operations • Operations engineer of waste storage facilities. These jobs are at: • Electronuclear power plants (EDF, GDF SUEZ…) or other nuclear facilities (CEA, AREVA), both in France and abroad, which have been marked for decommissioning • Organizations responsible for waste management and storage both in France and abroad (e.g. ANDRA in France) • Industrial companies, large and small, who are involved in decommissioning or any work linked with storage. This course also prepares students for a career in research and offers teaching for those going on to write a thesis.
The Master Nuclear Energy is deeply related to the outstanding research environment provided by both Orsay Campus and the Saclay plateau. Several laboratories are consortium between Université Paris-Sud or Grande Ecole and the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS). CEA is also involved in research and development in the field of nuclear waste management and dismantling (CEA/Saclay and CEA/Marcoule). The French nuclear industry is strongly linked to research and development and education and training in the field of dismantling and nuclear waste management, especially Areva/La Hague and EDF/Ciden.
The Master Nuclear Energy was created in 2009 in close collaboration with companies playing a leading role at the international level: EDF, AREVA, ANDRA, CEA and GDF-Suez. It benefits also form the close relationship with small and medium enterprises of the domain nuclear dismantling and nuclear wastes management.
Partnerships involve :
- Internships (20 weeks) in industrial environment. Partnerships with CEA, Areva, EDF, Andra.
- Teaching : partnerships will CEA, Areva, EDF, Andra for the selection of the best experts.
- Organization of visits of industrial sites: conventions with Areva, EDF, Andra.
This master's programs offer additional services. These programs require specific tuition fees in addition to the mandatory fees.
- 8 000 € the academic year
- 12 000 € the academic year if admission directly in M2
Some students may be eligible for a fee waiver.
The Master Nuclear Energy has a strong international vocation since more than 50% of students come from outside France (typically twenty distinct nationalities each academic year), of which 75% outside European Union. Agreements, concerning both Master 1 and the five different paths in Master 2, were signed with the University of Wuhan (China), the University of Dehli (India) and Imperial College (UK). An agreement with the European Union KIC ‘InnoEnergy’ (steered by the European Institute of Technology) leaded to the creation - with the Master “MaNuEn” of UJF Grenoble – of the Master of Science EMINE, in collaboration with UPC (Spain), KTH (Sweden), and KIT (Germany) since 2011. Additional agreements are currently considered on selected geographic regions targeted by the industrial partners: Brazil, Poland, and Turkey.
Pièces justificatives à joindre à la candidature en ligne / List of documents you have to join to the online application :
- CV/Curriculum vitae (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Lettre de motivation/Letter of motivation (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Tous les relevés de notes des années/semestres validés depuis le bac à la date de la candidature /All transcripts of years / semesters validated from the baccalaureate to the date of application (obligatoire/obligatory)
- Attestation de niveau d'anglais (obligatoire pour les non anglophones) / Certificate of English level (compulsory for non-English speakers)
- Fiche de choix de M2 pour les candidats inscrits en M1 à l'université Paris-Saclay : à télécharger sur https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/fr/etre-candidat-a-nos-formations (obligatoire pour tous les candidats actuellement inscrits en M1 à l’Université Paris Saclay) / M2 selection card for candidates enrolled in M1 at Paris-Saclay University : to download on https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/en/apply-to-master-programs (obligatory for all candidates currently enrolled in M1 at Paris Saclay University).
- Curriculum UE (descriptifs des UE suivies) des deux dernières années / EU Curriculum EU descriptions for the last two years (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
La capacité d'accueil de cette formation est de 15 étudiants
Les modalités d'examen de la candidature sont les suivantes : Examen de dossier à déposer sur le site web de l'UPSaclay
Date d'ouverture de campagne : 01/01/2018
Date de fermeture de campagne : 15/07/2018
Dossier VAPP (Valorisation des Acquis Professionnels et Personnels)
Il est rappelé aux personnes en situation d'emploi qui souhaitent demander une valorisation des Acquis Professionnels et Personnels qu'elles doivent déposer un dossier accessible à l'adresse suivante: https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/fr/etre-candidat-a-nos-formations (au bas de page)
Courses in General Physics and Engineering; courses in general Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. A good level in English language is compulsory.
Students who have completed a first year of, notably, a master of Physics, master1 “Nuclear Energy” or an equivalent master1 such as “Applied Physics and Mechanics”, “chemical engineering” or “materials sciences” and students in third year at Engineering Schools are eligible to apply. An effort is made to attract foreign students.
- INSTN/Nuclear Energy program
- CEA/Nuclear Energy Division/Saclay and Marcoule
- Areva/La Hague