Biomechanical engineering is a young and dynamic field of study that attracts outstanding students. Universities all over the world have invested massively in this field through the development of new and innovative research and teaching programs. The goal of the Biomechanical Engineering Track is to provide students with state-of-the-art training in this field by offering high-level coursework as well as excellent research internship opportunities. This specialization is a completely new offering.
- S3 - Semestre 3 BioMéca
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Biomimetics and Animal Locomotion 3 30h - - Biomechanical Modeling of Active and Passive Biological Tissues 3 30h - - Cell Mechanics 3 30h - - Control in Biological and Biomechanical Systems 3 30h - - Mechanics of Motility of Living Organisms 3 30h - - Biomechanics and Bioengineering 3 12h 12h -
4 UE à choix
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Biofluid Mechanics and Mass Transport 3 - - - Biomechanics in Health and Disease 3 - - - Smart materials and structures : principles and applications 3 24h - - Miscroscopic nature of dissipative behaviors 3 24h - - Physique des Objets Biologiques 3 - - - Fatigue of materials: mechanisms and modelling 3 30h - - Molecular dynamics and other multiscale methods 3 24h - - Numerical methods for fluid mechanics 3 15h 15h - Diffusion, Advection and the dynamo effect 3 20h 10h - Turbulence dynamics 3 15h 15h - Drops, bubbles and co 3 15h 15h - UE d'ouverture 1 3 - - - UE d'ouverture 2 3 - - -
- Tronc commun
- S4 - Semestre 4 BioMéca
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Stage 30 - - -
Upon completion of the Biomechanical Engineering Track, students will be equipped to pursue doctoral programs in this field or in related fields. They will also be ideally positioned to pursue careers in a variety of industries including medical devices, biotechnology, pharmaceutical science, and cell/tissue engineering. The field of Biomechanical Engineering is also particularly suited towards entrepreneurship and innovation activities, and it is anticipated that a significant fraction of students will opt to pursue such career routes.
Biomechanical Engineering is a relatively young field in which teaching relies heavily upon advancements in research. Courses of this Track, including cellular mechanics, biomimetics, and tissue engineering, address timely topics with intense research activity. Therefore, integrating research into the course offering is critical in order to provide students with high-level and state-of-the-art training.
INRIA – Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou (Department of Cardiology) Medical device companies (such as Arterial Remodeling Technologies, Abbott Vascular...)
The pedagogical objectives of the Biomechanical Engineering Track are as follows :
- to offer students state-of-the-art training in this field,
- to prepare students for the pursuit of a doctoral degree in this field,
- to prepare students for a career in research and development in the field of bioengineering (or biomedical engineering) and related fields.
These objectives will be accomplished through a series of specialized courses as well as a research internship. The six required courses for this specialization are :
- Cellular Mechanics,
- Tissue Engineering,
- Mechanics of Motility of Living Organisms,
- Biophysical Modeling of Soft Tissues,
- Control Systems in Biomechanics.
Strengths of this program include a highly interdisciplinary approach, integration of the latest research findings into teaching activities, and a focus on field of study with major economic and societal implications.
Montant de l’inscription
This master's programs offer additional services. These programs require specific tuition fees in addition to the mandatory fees.
Tuition fees for this master: 6 000 €
Some students may be eligible for a fee waiver.
Students will be encouraged to have an international experience throughout their studies. Several possibilities exist, most notably during the research internship. It is also possible, under certain conditions, to spend an academic semester abroad within the context of the European ERASMUS Plus program. International experiences are facilitated through numerous international partnerships that the individual institutions of the University of Paris-Saclay already have in place.
Pièces justificatives à joindre à la candidature en ligne / List of documents you have to join to the online application :
- CV/Curriculum vitae (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Lettre de motivation/Letter of motivation (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Tous les relevés de notes des années/semestres validés depuis le BAC à la date de la candidature / All transcripts of he years / semesters validated since the BAC at the date of application (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Attestation de niveau d'anglais (obligatoire pour les non anglophones) / Certificate of English level (compulsory for non-English speakers)
- Fiche de choix de M2 pour les candidats inscrits en M1 à l'université Paris-Saclay : à télécharger sur https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/fr/etre-candidat-a-nos-formations (obligatoire pour tous les candidats actuellement inscrits en M1 à l’Université Paris Saclay) / M2 selection card for candidates enrolled in M1 at Paris-Saclay University : to download on https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/en/apply-to-master-programs (obligatory for all candidates currently enrolled in M1 at Paris Saclay University).
- Curriculum UE (descriptifs des UE suivies) des deux dernières années / EU Curriculum EU descriptions for the last two years (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
La capacité d'accueil de cette formation est de 20 étudiants
Les modalités d'examen de la candidature sont les suivantes : Examen de dossier à déposer sur le site web de l'UPSaclay
Date d'ouverture de campagne 1 : 22/12/2017
Date de fermeture de campagne 1 : 30/06/2018
Dossier VAPP (Valorisation des Acquis Professionnels et Personnels)
Il est rappelé aux personnes en situation d'emploi qui souhaitent demander une valorisation des Acquis Professionnels et Personnels qu'elles doivent déposer un dossier accessible à l'adresse suivante: https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/fr/etre-candidat-a-nos-formations (au bas de page)
Admission is based on competitive review and evaluation of an application that includes a statement of purpose, student transcripts, recommendation letters, and proficiency in English. Course prerequisites will also be considered in the admissions decisions.
Students who have completed an M1 in the fields of mechanics, physics, or applied mathematics