Ce parcours est enseigné uniquement en langue anglaise, toutes les informations sont affichées en anglais.
For this interational track, specific fees are applied.
The Master Program SAR is a research-oriented Master degree in wireless communication and networking. It corresponds to the second year of the 2-year European Master degree curriculum and all its courses are taught in English. This program aims to convey solid fundamental knowledge in the field of wireless communications as a means to prepare the students for their future research-oriented careers. Courses focus on the theoretical and fundamental methodologies and techniques, which are necessary for understanding key advances in the area of wireless networks. The curriculum spans a large spectrum of material, ranging from information theory and coding to communication theory and networking theory.
The organization of the year is as follows:
- The first semester (September to January) starts with few “refresher” courses that provide the students with solid background in mathematical tools (probability theory, estimation theory, optimization). It is followed by specialized courses on wireless communication and networking, in which baseline tools and key concepts that are necessary for understanding advanced research topics are studied in detail.
- In the second semester (February to March), students attend a series of research seminars on advanced topics in wireless communications and in parallel they prepare a research project.
- From April, students pursue a research-oriented internship for a minimum period of four months. The internship can be done in industrial R&D labs or universities in France or abroad.
The organization of the year is as follows: - The first semester (September to January) starts with few “refresher” courses that provide the students with solid background in mathematical tools (probability theory, estimation theory, optimization). It is followed by specialized courses on wireless communication and networking, in which baseline tools and key concepts that are necessary for understanding advanced research topics are studied in detail. - In the second semester (February to March), students attend a series of research seminars on advanced topics in wireless communications and in parallel they prepare a research project. - From April, students pursue a research-oriented internship for a minimum period of four months. The internship can be done in industrial R&D labs or universities in France or abroad.
Modalités de contrôle des connaissances associées aux unités d'enseignement des S1 et S2
Accédez au détail des répartitions horaires Cours/TP/TD
- S3 - semestre 3 SAR
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Mathematical Basis for Communications 2 21h 3h - Mathematical Basis for Networks 2 24h - - Elements of Information Theory 3 24h - - Physical and Statistical Modeling of Wireless Channels 3 21h 3h - Principles of Digital Communications 3 21h 3h - Multiuser Access and MIMO Communications 3 21h 3h - Source and Channel Coding 4 36h - - Network Architectures and Performance 4 24h 6h - Cellular Communications 3 21h 3h - Wireless Local Area and Ad Hoc Networks 3 20h 4h -
- S4 - semestre 4 SAR
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Project 5 - - - Research seminars 5 48h - - Internship 20 - - -
All courses take place at CentraleSupélec, GIF-SUR-YVETTE.
Objectifs et débouchés
The main scientific objective of M2R SAR is to provide a deep fundamental understanding of cutting edge advances in wireless communication and networking. Taking on a fundamental approach, it offers all necessary theoretical foundations to launch a successful research-oriented career and prepare the students to excel in top international environments. In addition to be an excellent training for students aiming to pursue a PhD, M2R SAR professional objective is to prepare future leading researchers and professors (academic career), and excellent R&D engineers (industrial career).
The career of M2R SAR graduates could be oriented towards all industrial and economic sectors in the field of telecommunications. They could work in higher education institutions and universities as faculty members (professors), in public (CNRS, INRIA, CEA, etc.) and private research sector (industrial research and development departments) and in any telecom sector requiring deep understanding and rigorous scientific reasoning (project managers, research directors, etc.). A survey about the first employment of former M2SAR students has shown that M2SAR students find very shortly after their graduation either funding for pursuing a PhD thesis (CIFRE, doctoral contracts, public grants and scholarships) or a permanent position in the telecommunication sector.
M2R SAR is a research-oriented Master program with direct link with research. During the academic period, the students – in addition to their courses - attend research seminars on advanced topics and also obtain a first hands-on research experience by doing a project under the supervision of a M2R SAR instructor. Furthermore, in order to obtain their degree, students pursue a research internship in an academic or industrial environment. The curriculum is designed with the aim to provide solid knowledge of foundational character in wireless communications. This Master is also an excellent preparation for pursuing a PhD.
M2R SAR has an extended network of industrial partners, including Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs, Orange Labs, Thales Communications, SAGEM Communications, Intel Mobile Communications, CEA-LETI, CEA-LIST, Mitsubishi Electric, SEQUANS Communications, Parot/Dibcom. Many Master SAR students join the above companies for their research internship.
This master's programs offer additional services. These programs require specific tuition fees in addition to the mandatory fees.
Tuition fees: 6 000 € the academic year
Some students may be eligible for a fee waiver.
Several partnership agreements were signed with major universities in the Asia – Pacific region, in Europe, and in the Mediterranean Region. Within the framework of these agreements, students get the SUPELEC master degree and the degree of their original institutions. Among others, SUPELEC has signed double-degree agreements for M2R SAR with the Politehnica University of Bucharest and the University of Cluj-Napoca in Romania, the Lebanese University in Lebanon, the NTU (National Taiwan University) and National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) in Taiwan, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) in Hong Kong, the INPT in Morocco, and the SUPCOM in Tunisia. SUPELEC's programs and degrees also appear in the n+i and TIME networks. Finally, for the past 3 years, several students from engineering schools in the Paris region (ECE, ISEP and ESIEE) have enrolled in M2R SAR.
Pièces justificatives à joindre à la candidature en ligne / List of documents you have to join to the online application :
- CV/Curriculum vitae (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Lettre de motivation/Letter of motivation (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Tous les relevés de notes des années/semestres validés depuis le bac à la date de la candidature /All transcripts of years / semesters validated from the baccalaureate to the date of application (obligatoire/obligatory)
- Attestation de niveau d'anglais (obligatoire pour les non anglophones) / Certificate of English level (compulsory for non-English speakers)
- Fiche de choix de M2 pour les candidats inscrits en M1 à l'université Paris-Saclay : à télécharger sur https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/fr/etre-candidat-a-nos-formations (obligatoire pour tous les candidats actuellement inscrits en M1 à l’Université Paris Saclay) / M2 selection card for candidates enrolled in M1 at Paris-Saclay University : to download on https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/en/apply-to-master-programs (obligatory for all candidates currently enrolled in M1 at Paris Saclay University).
- Curriculum UE (descriptifs des UE suivies) des deux dernières années / EU Curriculum EU descriptions for the last two years
La capacité d'accueil de cette formation est de 15 étudiants
Les modalités d'examen de la candidature sont les suivantes : Examen de dossier à déposer sur le site web de l'UPSaclay
Date d'ouverture de campagne 1 : 08/01/2018
Date de fermeture de campagne 1 : 10/07/2018
Date de fermeture de campagne 2 : 14/09/2018
Date de fermeture de campagne 2 : 29/09/2018
Dossier VAPP (Valorisation des Acquis Professionnels et Personnels)
Il est rappelé aux personnes en situation d'emploi qui souhaitent demander une valorisation des Acquis Professionnels et Personnels qu'elles doivent déposer un dossier accessible à l'adresse suivante: https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/fr/etre-candidat-a-nos-formations (au bas de page)
- The basic requirements are a strong mathematical background and motivation for research.
- Very good knowledge of English language
- Excellent academic records
- Students’ first degrees are usually in Electrical & Computer Engineering or Applied Mathematics
- For students following the French academic system, top performance in a related M1 program is required.
The student population to which M2R SAR is addressed is :
- CentraleSupélec final-year students specializing in telecommunications engineering.
- University of Paris-Sud 11 and ENS Cachan students who have successfully completed the first year of the IST master program.
- Final-year students of other French Engineering Schools majoring in communication engineering.
- Second-year students in Master programs of foreign universities and engineering schools.