The International Track in Electrical Engineering of the Paris-Saclay University is a two-year program taught in English to get a Master degree. During the first year three distinct tracks are offered. These tracks open on second year of the International track of the Paris-Saclay University. Common courses on the basic sciences and on French as foreign language are provided for the three tracks, which are as follows:
- Telecommunication Networking and Multimedia (TNM) Track: Pervasive communication is one of the targets of future 5G networks. The rapid development of connected devices, machine-to-machine communication, as well as the need for very low-delay and high reliability networks represent new challenges to Telecommunication, Networking and Multimedia engineers and researchers, which go far beyond the problems previously encountered in point-to-point communication.
The TNM track within the Electrical Engineering International master program aims at providing all basis required to understand, practice, and contribute to the development of future-generation ubiquitous communication techniques, networking, as well as content coding and delivery systems. This track provides a solid theoretical background to continue with the second year master programs in Advanced Radiocommunication Systems (SAR-International) and in Multimedia Networking (MN). If a PhD, in an academic lab or within a company, is the natural continuation of such programs, positions at industry in R&D departments may also be obtained directly after graduation.
- DATA analysis and PAttern Classification (Datapac) Track: This Master 1 track, combined with the Master 2 TRIED, is designed to provide the tools allowing processing all types of real data captured by sensors. At the end of the 2-year program, including master 2, students will be able to model real and noisy data, to retrieve information in very large databases, and to conceive complex systems based on such techniques.
In several applicative areas such as telecommunications, medical imaging, virtual reality, telemonitoring, biometrics, bio informatics, environmental sciences, banking, insurance, data mining (textual, multimedia), great amounts of data are captured through specialized sensors and must be processed and further analyzed for different purposes related to the application. Processing such volumes of data, often noisy or degraded, is a big challenge: raw data must be pre-processed to remove the noise, pertinent information (features) must be extracted from data, wich must be stored appropriately and accesses efficiently; this requires to model data in order to label it for classification or prediction purposes. The high quality lectures and projects supervised by professors from Telecom SudParis, and professionals from industry ensure the possibility of applying for a PhD position in a research laboratory, or research and development in industry as a data scientist.
- Electrical and Optical Engineering (EOE) Track: Research, as well as industry, is seeking for high level students with both large knowledge spend and specialized skills. This present track Master 1 in Electrical and Optical Engineering has been designed in response to this demand.
The goal of this graduate program is to give high level skills to students in order to allow them to join engineering and development departments of leading companies or research teams towards a Ph.D. thesis, in the electronics and photonics fields. The courses are designed to develop original thinking and anticipating capabilities for each student. Thus, a large part of the program is based on multidisciplinary application fields in both electronics and optics. The guidelines of the program is composed of a core training part where all the necessary fundamental aspects are addressed, and of a specialization part which focuses on specific technical skills in different application fields such as communications, sensors, defense and space, automotive and information technology. This track leads to Master 2 in Optical Network and Photonic Systems (ROSP).
Fee by year: 6000 €
Telecom SudParis (Evry), Telecom ParisTech (Paris), Centrale Supélec (Gif-sur-Yvette), Université Paris-Sud (Orsay).
- S1 - 1st semester
Core courses S1
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Computer science 6 27h 6h 24h Probability and statistics 3 30h - - Effective communication 3 30h - - French as a foreign language 1 3 33h - -
EOE track S1
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Computer networking 5 - - - Microwave and antennas 5 9h 24h 9h Fundamental of fibre-optic communications 5 30h 12h -
TNM track S1
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Computer networking 5 - - - Optimization methods 6 33h 3h 6h Application of statistical techniques 4 6h 3h 12h
Datapac track S1
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Optimization methods 6 33h 3h 6h Application of statistical techniques 9 12h 9h 30h
- Core courses S1
- S2 - 2nd semester
Core courses S2
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Signal Processing & Statistical Data Analysis 5 24h 15h 8h Scientific project 8 - - - French as a foreign language 2 2 21h - -
EOE track S2
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Wireless systems 5 24h 3h 15h Advanced optoelectronic systems 5 42h - - Radiofrequency for connected objects 5 21h 15h 6h
TNM track S2
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Wireless systems 5 24h 3h 15h Information theory and source coding 5 23h 12h 12h Communication theory and channel coding 5 23h 12h 12h
Datapac track S2
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Pattern recognition and biometrics 5 15h 6h 21h Signal enhancement methods 6 21h 9h 15h Conferences on ICT and Operational Systems 4 33h - -
- Core courses S2
Montant de l’inscription
This master's programs offer additional services. These programs require specific tuition fees in addition to the mandatory fees.
Tuition fees: 6 000 € the first academic year
Some students may be eligible for a fee waiver.
Pièces justificatives à joindre à la candidature en ligne / List of documents you have to join to the online application :
- CV/Curriculum vitae (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Lettre de motivation/Letter of motivation (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Tous les relevés de notes des années/semestres validés depuis le bac à la date de la candidature /All transcripts of years / semesters validated from the baccalaureate to the date of application (obligatoire/obligatory)
- Attestation de niveau d'anglais (obligatoire pour les non anglophones) / Certificate of English level (compulsory for non-English speakers)
- Curriculum UE (descriptifs des UE suivies) des deux dernières années / EU Curriculum EU descriptions for the last two years (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
Dossier VAPP (obligatoire pour toutes les personnes demandant une valorisation des acquis pour rentrer dans le diplôme)
Les modalités d'examen de la candidature sont les suivantes : Examen de dossier à déposer sur le site web de l'UPSaclay
Date d'ouverture de campagne : 01/03/2018
Date de fermeture de campagne : 31/08/2018
EOE : Good background in applied mathematics is needed. Knowledge in electronics and optics are required.
TNM : Good background in Applied Mathematics is required.
Datapac : Good background in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science is required.