Ce parcours est enseigné uniquement en langue anglaise, toutes les informations sont affichées en anglais.
Driven by the constant growth of world maritime transport and undersea operations, and challenged by the demand for sustainable solutions,the maritime industry is a strategic sector that develops high technology and innovative products. Players in this sector need both strong technical competence and a global vision of the operations and businesses of the maritime world. The training offered by the Master "Maritime Engineering: transport systems and offshore energies" develops the knowledge and project management tools essential for a career in companies involved in maritime activities, whether engineering companies, oil companies, consulting or classification offices, or R&D departments.
ENSTA ParisTech, 828 boulevard des Maréchaux 91762 PALAISEAU
- S3 - Semestre 3 METSOE
UE obligatoires S1
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Langues 3 2 20h - - Naval hydrodynamics 6 - - - Numerical modelling for maritime engineering 3 21h - - Stability and seakeeping 3 28h - - System approach to maritime engineering and project 6 59.5h - - Dimensioning, resistance and fatigue of structure at sea 2 28h - -
7 ECTS parmi
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Computer-aided design (CAD) 4 35h - - Marine renewable energies sources and technologies 2 21h - - Maritime engineering project management 3 28h - - Trends in energy: systems, distribution networks, policy and prospectives 5 52h - -
- UE obligatoires S1
- S4 - Semestre 4 METSOE
UE obligatoires S2
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Static and dynamic analysis in naval architecture 2 21h - - Internship 24 - - -
2 UE au choix
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Power generation and naval propulsion plants 2 28h - - Propulsion and manoeuvrability 2 21h - - Offshore oil and gas engineering 2 18h - -
- UE obligatoires S2
On completion of the training programme students will have career opportunities in a large variety of maritime businesses: shipbuilding, naval architecture, shipping, offshore petroleum industry, marine renewable energies. Graduate students will be eligible for jobs in diversified activities of the maritime sector: engineering companies, oil companies, ship-owners, shipyards, R&D departments, ship design offices, consulting companies, classification companies, marketing offices.
- Bureau Veritas,
- D2M Engineering,
The Master programme in Maritime Engineering provides the skills for the concept, design and management of complex marine engineering systems of virtually any type (high-speed vessels, submarines, aircraft-carriers, LNG tankers, offshore platforms, marine energy devices,...), as well as the competence needed for the exploitation of marine energy resources. The strong points of the training programme :
- Gain of advanced knowledge in fundamental theoretical and technical disciplines such as naval hydrodynamics and structure modelling in maritime engineering
- A training funded on a systemic approach where a marine structure is studied as a complex system composed of sub-systems and interfaces to be optimized.
- Global view of the multiple and interlacing aspects that characterize the maritime sector, from design tools to maritime politics and economics, as well as cost and profitability assessment aspects.
- Professional support: most part of the teaching is provided by people who work in the maritime industry.
The students can specialize in Maritime Transport systems. This specialization provides advanced operational knowledge in naval propulsion plants and power generation systems, as well as competence in naval systems safety and international regulations.
Offshore energy engineering. This specialization provides advances technical skills for the exploitation of marine energy resources, from oil resources to marine renewable energies, as well as a global view of the economical and political framework of the evolutions of the marine energy sector.
This master's programs offer additional services. These programs require specific tuition fees in addition to the mandatory fees.
Tuition fees for this master: 12 000 €
Some students may be eligible for a fee waiver.
Pièces justificatives à joindre à la candidature en ligne / List of documents you have to join to the online application :
- CV/Curriculum vitae (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Lettre de motivation/Letter of motivation (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Tous les relevés de notes des années/semestres validés depuis le bac à la date de la candidature /All transcripts of years / semesters validated from the baccalaureate to the date of application (obligatoire/obligatory)
- Attestation de niveau d'anglais (obligatoire pour les non anglophones) / Certificate of English level (compulsory for non-English speakers)
- Fiche de choix de M2 pour les candidats inscrits en M1 à l'université Paris-Saclay / M2 selection card for candidates enrolled in M1 at Paris-Saclay University (obligatoire/obligatory)
- Curriculum UE (descriptifs des UE suivies) des deux dernières années / EU Curriculum EU descriptions for the last two years (obligatoire/obligatory)
Dossier VAPP (obligatoire pour toutes les personnes demandant une valorisation des acquis pour rentrer dans le diplôme)
La capacité d'accueil de cette formation est de 24 étudiants
Les modalités d'examen de la candidature sont les suivantes : Examen de dossier à déposer sur le site web de l'UPSaclay
Date d'ouverture de campagne : 28/02/2018
Date de fermeture de campagne : 30/06/2018
Good background in fundamental fluid mechanics (hydrodynamics, potential flows, thin airfoil theory), and solid mechanics (elasticity, beam theory, fatigue).
Candidates must hold a 1st year Master degree (M1 equivalent to 60 European ECTS credits, at Master level) or an equivalent diploma recognized by Université Paris-Saclay.