Aller au contenu principal

Administrative procedures

Getting a visa or a residence permit, registering for the French Social Security, opening a bank account... Read this article to be guided through the necessary administrative procedures before you arrive in France. 

IMPORTANT: International students should use the online service ANEF-séjours to submit their application for a residence permit (first application or renewal) which will be entirely processed online.

More information

Other administrative procedures

Getting a civil liability insurance policy

It protects you in case of damages you may accidentally cause to others. Banks, student health insurance companies and liability insurance companies all provide this type of service.

If you have already subscribed to a house insurance, you may already be covered by a civil liability insurance policy as it is very often included. You can check the contract conditions regarding this point.

The student and campus life contribution (CVEC)

Before registrating to the university, you now have to pay the student and campus life contribution (CVEC) to the CROUS. The contribution is designed to develop the social, health, cultural and sport services for the students.

More information