The Université Paris-Saclay brings together 14 higher education and research institutions, pooling quality teaching and research at the highest international level to meet the challenge of global competition in teaching, research and innovation.
Many students, teaching and research staff, technical and administrative staff of the Université Paris-Saclay member institutions travel the world and already benefit from its distinguished reputation. These people are also the best ambassadors for its dynamism, innovation and performance. In this context, the Université Paris-Saclay wishes to offer them some financial support in the form of grants for projects. The aim is to support and accompany participation in any project or activity that promotes the Université Paris-Saclay and contributes to its growing international influence. This may take the form of participating in competitions, group projects or events while flying the colours of the Université Paris-Saclay.
The Université Paris-Saclay wishes to strengthen ties between its communities and develop a sense of belonging to the Université Paris-Saclay community, while increasing its influence on the international stage.
What’s in it for you?
- Financial assistance: a grant of up to €3,000
- Promotional materials adapted to your requirements (polo shirts, sweatshirts, goodies, etc.)
- Assistance in developing your communication strategy
- Increased visibility among the Université Paris-Saclay community, particularly via the university’s website and social network pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- The dissemination of your communication activities
Projects must meet the following criteria:
- The designated project leader should be a student or employee of a Université Paris-Saclay member institution. This person will be the interlocutor who reports to the Université Paris-Saclay on the progress of the project, the use of the grant funding, and provides the final report comprising the activity report, the financial balance sheet of the project and a communication file.
- The project should have an impact on Paris-Saclay’s international visibility (competition, appearance, etc.).
- It should not give rise to a commercial activity.
- The project funded should not be a tutored project forming part of a course of study.
- The project funded should not be a scientific conference or a trade show.
- The project must be implemented before 31 December 2019, with all project expenditure incurred before that date.
Projects may be varied in nature (e.g. a cultural, social, scientific, sporting, entrepreneurial, or one-off event), and may be carried out individually or in a group. All expenditure is eligible.
- Display of the Université Paris-Saclay name: in particular, the Université Paris-Saclay logo must appear prominently among the main sponsors
- International openness
- Visibility of the event or project
- Visibility of the participation of the project leader(s)
- Diversity of financial support other than the Université Paris-Saclay
- Proposed communication plan
- Innovative nature
- Priority will be given to students
Expenditure eligible for a grant of up to €3,000
All expenditure falling within the ANR - IDEX financial regulations is eligible, subject to the following conditions:
- expenditure should not exceed €3,000 (the maximum amount potentially allocated to a project under this scheme)
- this should represent a maximum of 60% of the total project budget
- the signature of an agreement between the Université Paris-Saclay and the IDEX Paris-Saclay beneficiary institution that will receive the grant and to which the main project leader is attached
The grant funding payments provided by IDEX Paris-Saclay will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions specified in the above-mentioned agreement. In particular, 20% of the grant will be paid retrospectively, upon presentation of the communication file.
- Launch of the call for projects: 23 October 2018
- Closing date for applications: 30 November 2018
- Mid-December 2018: selection of projects by the selection committee
- 31 December 2019: deadline for total expenditure
- 28 February 2020: deadline for sending the project report
- Project title
- Location and date of implementation of project
- Presentation of the project leaders(s)
- Detailed presentation of the project and its actions
- Project objectives
- Target audience (what audience? what attendance?)
- Impact / visibility
- Is this a new project or a follow-up to previous editions? If the project is part of a recurring event, provide details from the report from previous editions.
- Estimated budget with financing details
- Provisional project implementation schedule
- Communication plan
- Additional documentation if necessary
List of Université Paris-Saclay institutions eligible for IDEX credits
- ENS Paris-Saclay
- Institut d’Optique Graduate School
- Université Évry Val-d’Essonne
- Université Paris-Sud
- Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines