Université Paris-Saclay is a grouping of 14 higher education and research institutions. As well as offering training and research, University Paris-Saclay aims to create a campus that students, researchers, academic and other staff fully engage in. Its ambition is to have a campus reaching out to local communities and society, a place where it’s good to work, live, enjoy yourself, do some sport, attend cultural events. Another aim is for the campus to contribute to Université Paris-Saclay’s influence and to help shape its identity.
With that in mind, Université Paris-Saclay wishes to fund projects led by member institutions’ students and staff. The idea is to support the creation of any activity that contributes to the development of the Université Paris-Saclay identity and/or contribution to such activities. This could take the form of organizing events on campus, across different member institutions.
Université Paris-Saclay wishes to reinforce links among communities and to develop an increased sense of belonging to the Université Paris-Saclay community.
- Up to €5 000 financial support (and potentially up to €8 000, see “eligible expenditure” below)
- Help in developing your communication strategy
- A higher profile within the Université Paris-Saclay community, especially via institutional social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and the Université Paris-Saclay website.
The following criteria must be met:
- The project is to be led by a student or staff member from a Université Paris-Saclay institution, called the “project officer”. This person will update Université Paris-Saclay on project progress and the use of funds and provide it with a project report (activity and finances). In addition, at least one of the project co-leaders is to be a student from a Université Paris-Saclay institution.
- It needs to have an impact on the Université Paris-Saclay community.
- It contributes to developing campus life and at least one event is to be organized on one of the Université Paris-Saclay campuses.
- It should not include any commercial activity.
- It should not take the form of a tutoring project in a training program.
- The project must take place before 31 December 2019 without fail and all expenditure must be spent before that date.
The project may be cultural, social, sporting, entrepreneurial, event-based, etc. All expenditure is eligible. The project leader will ensure that people (students and/or staff) from several Université Paris-Saclay institutions are part of the organizing team.
- Number of institutions involved
- Université Paris-Saclay brand promotion
- Project has an international dimension
- Range of funding sources in addition to Université Paris-Saclay support
- Communication plan
- Innovative project, no alcoholic beverages to be sold
Eligible expenditure for a maximum of €5000
Expenditure is eligible as set out by the ANR-IDEX financial rules provided:
- it does not exceed €5000 (maximum amount potentially granted to project as part of this call), which may be increased to €8000 if at least five institutions are organizers
- it represents a maximum of 60% of the project’s total budget
- an agreement is signed between Université Paris-Saclay and one of the Paris-Saclay IDEX beneficiaries which is to receive the grant and is the project officer’s home institution.
Payment of funds from Paris-Saclay IDEX will be as stipulated in the above agreement.
- Call for projects launch: 30 June 2018
- Submission deadline: 30 September 2018
- Mid-October 2018: Selection Committee selects projects
- 31 December 2019: deadline for the payment of all expenditure
- 28 February 2020: project report deadline
Dossier de candidature
- Project name
- Place and date of activity
- Presentation of project leader(s)
- Detailed presentation of the project and its operations:
- Project objectives
- Target audience
- What’s at stake
- Is the project a new one or does it follow on from previous editions? In the latter case, provide a report on previous events
- Draft budget with funding details
- Draft project timeframe
- Communication plan
- Appendices as required
List of Université Paris-Saclay institutions eligible for IDEX grants
- Agro ParisTech
- ENS Paris-Saclay
- Institut d’Optique Graduate School
- Université d’Évry Val d’Essonne
- Université Paris-Sud
- Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines