- The enrolment is done online. Learn more about our information system and what for it is used,
- Data entered into the information system are used to prepare automatically the various pre-filled standard forms, which remain to be printed and signed.
- As specified in Article 11 of the decree dated of the 25th of Mai 2016 relating to doctoral programmes, enrolment for a doctorate is validated by the head of the institution, once the application has been submitted by the doctoral school director, after a favourable recommendation from the thesis director and research unit director.
- Authorisation for registering for the doctorate therefore requires successive favourable recommendations on four levels.
- The enrolment must be renewed at the beginning of each academic year.[legifrance]
- The academic year begins on September 1 and ends on August 31.[service public]
- The fisrt enrolment in a doctoral programme takes place between September 1 and November 30 of each academic year.
- Exceptionally, the first enrolment in a doctoral programme can take place until 15 May of the current academic year.
- After the first year, the re-registration takes place between September 1 and November 30 of each academic year.
- Doctoral candidates can begin to fill in their files in ADUM from June 1 of each academic year. They can also begin to collect signatures from their supervisor and from the director of their research laboratory before September 1 if they wish.
Enrolment, step by step
|Admission : Applicants must have been admitted to enrol in a doctoral programme. The purpose of this step is to make sure that all the prerequisites, the material, financial and scientific conditions necessary to the success of the PhD project, are being met. Its outcome is an official report on the assesment of the application.||Application portal|
|Doctoral programme enrolment : its outcome is a nomination of the applicant by the director of the doctoral school to be authorized for registering as a doctoral candidates of Université Paris-Saclay and a mutual commitment of the actors of a doctoral traning project. To enrol, applicants must go to online enrolment portal and create a personal account ADUM, if it has not been done before (eg an application).||Enrolment portal|
|Registration : If the authorization for registering is issued by the head of the institution, then the administrative registration is performed by the higher education services, which collects the tuition fees : its outcome is the issue of the student card.||Tuition Fees|
What supporting documentation must be submitted ?
2nd and 3rd years
4th year or more
4th year or more
Certain terms of programme enrolment (contacts in each doctoral school, organization of appointments...) are specific to each doctoral school. Doctoral candidates and applicants should check the website of their doctoral school.
Similarly certain terms of the registration (opening hours and addresses of services, forms to fill ...) are specific to each institution. Doctoral candidates and applicants should check with the relevant higher education services in each institution.