4,300 Master's students of Université Paris-Saclay are graduating this year. 8 graduation ceremonies are organized.
After a first ceremony for students in Biodiversity, Agriculture and Food, Society and the Environment on February 2 at Université Paris-Sud, the next ceremony for students graduated in Law & Political Science will take place on Thursday. at 6 pm, at the Opéra de Massy.
6 graduation ceremonies are also planned in the next weeks:
- February 16th: Sports Sciences and Human Movement, at Université Paris-Sud
- March 9th: Basic sciences, at Université Paris-Sud
- March 15th: Engineering, information science and technology, at CentraleSupélec
- March 16th: Humanities, at Université d’Evry-Val-d’Essonne
- March 29th: Biology, medicine and pharmacy at UFR de Médecine de l’UVSQ
- March 30th: Economics, Social Sciences and Management School, at Opéra de Massy.
Gilles Bloch, President of Université Paris-Saclay: "These graduation ceremonies are an important and solemn event for our students and their families present for this great moment. All the institutions' presidents/directors and the faculty are proud of this great success".
On this occasion, Université Paris-Saclay publishes the results of a survey about the professional future of its 2015-2016 graduates.
The main results:
- 45% of respondents practice a professional activity, 39% have continued their studies (thesis or other). 11% are looking for work.
- The rate of employment of Masters' graduates from Université Paris-Saclay is the same as the one of the French grandes écoles' graduates.
- More than half of respondents working found a job before the end of their studies.
- Two-thirds of respondents have a stable job: permanent contract, civil servant and profession (out of thesis).