The “2019 doctorate and disabilities” national campaign by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation supports 25 new doctoral contracts and a total of 90 months of contract extensions. The renewal, for 2019, of the scheme initiated during the 2016 campaign (through the commitment of institutions to finance “special needs” doctoral contracts using their own funds, provided they are beneficiaries of a ministerial contract), and the experiences of the 2016, 2017 and 2018 campaigns have led IDEX Paris-Saclay to fund the hiring of up to two doctoral candidates and extend one thesis contract as part of its its “disabilities” program.
Students whose applications have been selected will benefit from a three-year contract (36 months), conditioned each year on re-enrollment in doctoral training.
Practical details: The application form must be submitted by the doctoral school on the dedicated application website. Candidates will be selected (based on their application and following an interview) with the same criteria and expectations as the other candidates, but with modalities that can be adapted according to each individual situation. Candidates are asked to present themselves and prepare their application at the doctoral school, on the one hand, and with the special needs advisor of their institution, on the other.
- Opening of the portal for submitting applications (and requests for extensions): Monday, March 4, 2019
- Processing of applications and interviews by the doctoral school: before Friday, April 12, 2019
- Completion of applications (additional information, collection of signatures): April 12-24, 2019
- Submission of applications by the doctoral school on the dedicated application website: before April 26, 2019
- Ranking of applications by Université Paris-Saclay: Friday, May 3, 9am-11am
- Closing date for applications (and extension requests): Wednesday, May 7, 2019, at noon