Call for « Young Researchers » (Master 1 and 2)
The Humanities School of Université Paris-Saclay is initiating a new call for projects for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The scheme consists of granting funding to master's students (M1 and M2) whose research or work requires a trip in France or abroad (for example, to consult archives, conduct field practices or oral interviews, etc.).
Each selected project will be granted funding up to €500.
Eligible candidates are:
- Students from the Humanities School with a Musicology, History or Design major.
- Students from institutions involved in programs offered at the Humanities School conducting research in a field related to Humanities (arts, communication, design, history, languages, letters, musicology, etc.).
Applications must be returned no later than October 22, 2018. The students applying for funding will receive a response no later than November 13, 2018.
Applications must be returned no later than December 15, 2018. The students applying for funding will receive a response no later than January 25, 2019.
Conditions of application
- Be working and conducting research in Humanities in a master's program at the Humanities School of Université Paris-Saclay or one of the institutions under the scope of Université Paris-Saclay.
- Justify precisely why a trip in France or abraod is necessary or relevant to pursue the project.
- Plan a budget estimate of incurred expenses.
- Complete trip before July 15, 2019.
- All second-year master's projects that have been selected and funded will also have to apply to the third annual Master's Day of the Humanities School to be held on March 14, 2019.
Documents to include in application
- Presentation of the research topic or project
- Context, relevance and implications of the trip in France or abroad
- Budget estimate for the trip, including a formal quote
- Recommendation letter from the Research Supervisor