Laboratories from Université Paris-Saclay members will host, for 4 to 9 months, 10 recipients of the 2017-2018 Chateaubriand fellowships in Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Health.
Supporting Ph.D. students from American universities, the Chateaubriand fellowships aim to reinforce the bonds between French and American laboratories, through collaborations, partnerships and joint projects. The fellowships are offered by the Office for Science & Technology (OST) of the Embassy of France at Washington, in partnerships with French and American universities and research centers, including CNRS, Inria, Inserm and Université Paris-Saclay.
Among the 50 fellows who will come to France, 5 will be partly supported by Université Paris-Saclay:
- M. Espen Bernton, from Harvard University, will be at Centre de Recherche en Économie et Statistique (CREST – ENSAE/ENSAI/École polytechnique) during 5 months
- M. Nathan Jespersen, from Oregon State University, will come to Institute for Integrative Biology of the Cell (I2BC – CNRS/CEA/UPSud) during 5 months
- Mme Josephine McGowan, from Columbia University, will take part in UMRS 1178 « Dépression, Plasticité & Résistance aux antidépresseurs » (Inserm/UPSud) during 4 months
- Mme Si Hui Pan, from University of California at San Diego, will join the Center for Nanosciences and Nanotechnology (C2N – CNRS/UPSud) during 4 months
- M. Yi Peng, from University of California, will be at Electrochemistry Research and Innovation for Energy Employment laboratory (ERIEE – CNRS/UPSud) during 4 months
Five other fellows will join Université Paris-Saclay without financial support:
- M. Eric Commendatore, from University of California, will join Laboratoire Pharmacognosie (CNRS/UPSud)
- M. Kyle Gannon, from University of Notre Dame, will go to Laboratoire de Mathématiques (CNRS/UPSud)
- M. Robert Lim, from University of Oregon, will be at Laboratoire d’informatique Parallélisme Réseaux Algorithmes Distribués (LI-PaRAD – UVSQ)
- M. Clark Miller, from Arizona State University, will join the Institut des Sciences Moléculaires d'Orsay (CNRS/UPSud)
- M. Travis Sikes, from Texas A&M University, will take part in Unité Chimie et Procédés (UCP – ENSTA)
The call for applications for the 2018-2019 academic year will open in October 2017.
More information: the guidelines to a Chateaubriand Fellowship