Institut français de bioinformatique
TutelageINRAE, Inserm, CEA, CNRS, Inria, Université Paris-Saclay
Key wordscloud computing, covid-19, sars-cov-2, signs and symptoms, surveys and questionnaires
IFB-core is the national hub of the French Institute of Bioinformatics (IFB). It deals with the technical and administrative aspects and enforces the scientific and technological policies put forth by the steering committee of IFB.
IFB gathers 36 bioinformatics platforms from the main public research entities : CNRS, INRA, INRIA, CEA, INSERM, the universities, CIRAD, and the Pasteur and Curie institutes, that are grouped into 6 regional centers spanning the entire French territory.
IFB's mission is to allow life science researchers and engineers to access basic bioinformatics services, which can be described in 5 categories :
- Data : give access to high added-value data collections
- Tools : supply innovative tools and services to analyze data
- Support : provide help to life science research projects about their bioinformatics aspects
- Training : allow access to training sessions
- Infrastructure : give access to a computational infrastructure supplying physical resources (CPU, storage, networks) as well as access to public data collections and basic tools.
The 20 latest publications
Number of publications of the laboratory by scientific field (2016-2021)
Every paper can be classified in one or more scientific fields. The figure below shows the lab's number of publications in each scientific field, according to the ASJC classification (Elsevier)