Start of Université Paris-Saclay International Master’s Scholarship Programme - Academic Year 2018-2019
hese scholarships are awarded for 1 or 2 years to students enrolled in a Master’s programme at Université Paris-Saclay, depending on the admission level (M1 or M2) and subject to students completing the required number of credits to advance to the next year level.
Université Paris-Saclay aims to promote access to its Master’s programmes for international students, delivered by its member institutions, and to make it easier for highly-qualified international students to join the University, especially for those wishing to develop an academic project through research up to the doctoral level.
The scholarships will be awarded for the 2018-2019 academic year. Established with the IDEX funding of the 3rdProgramme Investissements d’Avenir, and awarded based on academic achievements, these scholarships are aimed at students admitted to Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programmes, and enrolled at one of the following member institutions: AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay, INSTN-CEA, IOGS, Université d’Evry Val d’Essonne, Université Paris-Sud, Université Versailles St-Quentin.
Admission to a Master’s programme does not automatically entitle students to be eligible for a scholarship.
For more information, please see the Eligibility conditions.
Students eligible for an international Master’s scholarship will be selected by the admission panel among those students enrolled in Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programmes.
Only students who receive an email from Université Paris-Saclay inviting them to apply for a scholarship will be able to submit an application.
No unsolicited application will be accepted.
1) Selected students will automatically be sent a link by email to an online application form.
Upon receipt of this email, students wishing to apply will need to complete the online application form and provide (mandatory) the names of two references who would be willing to submit a reference for the candidate (professors, internship coordinators…).
2) Each of the two references named by the candidate will be sent a link by email to an online recommendation form. They will be asked to complete and submit the form prior to the closing day of the scholarship call.
The candidate will automatically be informed when each reference has submitted the form.
3) The application will be considered complete when both recommendation forms have been submitted by the two references.
Please note: the candidate will not receive a message confirming that the application is complete.
It is the candidate’s responsibility to make sure both references complete and submit the form by the deadline given in the invitation email.
Applications that are incomplete or received after the deadline will automatically be rejected.
- Newly arrived international students, aged 30 and under during the course of the selection year.
- International students living in France for less than a year, enrolled in a student programme that does not lead to a qualification.
- International students living in France for less than a year, taking language classes (type FFL or the like).
- Students enrolled in a Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programme and whose institution of administrative enrolment is one of the following: AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay, INSTN-CEA, IOGS, UVSQ, UEVE, UPSud.
- Individuals already living in France at the time of application (except in cases mentioned above).
- Individuals who have interrupted their studies for more than two consecutive years.
- Students holding any other type of scholarship whose amount exceeds 600€/month.
Students who have already stayed in France within the framework of an internship or a study-abroad programme as part of their curriculum (e.g. Erasmus) are eligible.
Programmes / Fields:
- All academic fields are concerned,
- All Master’s programmes for which Université Paris-Saclay is accredited, except for vocational training.
- Students who have been awarded a scholarship in M1 and for whom the M2 takes place within apprenticeship training will not see their scholarship renewed.
Selection of laureates, evaluation criteria:
Reminder: admission to a Master’s programme does not automatically entitle students to a scholarship.
The selection of laureates falls within the competence of a jury made up of experts, members of the Université Paris-Saclay institutions.
The evaluation criteria take in account the following:
- Academic level,
- Personal project,
- For students enrolled in an M2 programme: written motivation to pursue a thesis in a Université, Paris-Saclay laboratory.
Amount of the Scholarship:
- The amount of the Université Paris-Saclay scholarship is 10,000€ per year. It is paid by the institution the candidate is registered with for the duration of the academic year, and for a period of no less than 10 consecutive months per year.
- A maximum of 1,000€ for travel and visa expenses can also be awarded depending on the candidate’s country of origin.
- Laureates will receive the scholarship as well as travel and visa coverage only upon their arrival in France. No advance payment can be made.
- Selected students must follow their Master’s programme in one of Université Paris-Saclay member institutions.
- The scholarship will be suspended, without possibility for deferment, during the time the student attends courses in an institution outside of Université Paris-Saclay (in France or abroad). Exchange programmes with international universities (e.g. joint-degree programmes with compulsory study-abroad components, such as the Erasmus Programme) will be examined on a case by case basis.
- The scholarship can be suspended if the student repeatedly misses classes without due justification.
- Internships in research laboratories must be done in one of the Université Paris-Saclay research laboratories. Outside this framework, the scholarship will be suspended throughout the period of internship with no possibility for deferment.
- Internships in companies must be carried out in France.
- The scholarship will be suspended if internship wages exceed 600€/month.
- The application deadlines to Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programmes are available here:
- Admission juries for the Master’s programmes select the students eligible to apply for a Université Paris-Saclay Master’s scholarship.
- The selection of scholarship laureates takes place in two successive rounds.
- The application deadline to a scholarship for each wave will be communicated by email to students concerned.
Laureates of the scholarship programme will be informed by email after the convening of the jury.
Upon receiving the confirmation email, students will have 8 days to accept or refuse the scholarship. If students fail to respond within this timeframe, they will be deemed as having refused the scholarship.
- Wave 1 results: mid-April 2018
- Wave 2 results: mid-June 2018
Université Paris-Saclay reserves the right to refuse or to cancel the scholarship awarded if the information provided by the candidate proves to be false.