Université Paris-Saclay and the Franco-American Fulbright Commission are launching a new scholarship program for doctoral candidates wishing to carry out a research period in an American university or research institute.
For the 2020-2021 academic year, 3 scholarships for research mobility from 4 up to 12 months will be granted to doctoral candidates enrolled in a Université Paris-Saclay doctoral school.
Fulbright – Université Paris-Saclay Program
The Fulbright - Université Paris-Saclay program funds 4 to 12-month research periods in the US for doctoral candidates enrolled in a Université Paris-Saclay doctoral school.
Doctoral candidates from all research fields are eligible. Applications from the social and human sciences will be particularly appreciated.
The research mobility period will have to take place between August 1st, 2020 and May 1st, 2021.
To be eligible, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a French citizen. Candidates with both French and American citizenship are ineligible;
- Be enrolled in a Université Paris-Saclay doctoral school;
- Be fluent in English (e.g. minimum 92 TOEFL iBT);
- Be invited to an American university or public research center (a letter of invitation must be included in the application file).
Successful applicants will beneficiate from:
- $2,000/month scholarship (doctoral candidates without a salary); or $1,500/month scholarship (in addition to the salary);
- €1,200 travel allowance;
- Free visa;
- An orientation session organised in Paris by the Franco-American Fulbright Commission (end of June - beginning of July);
- Medical insurance offered by the US State Department (we recommend taking out purchasing complementary medical insurance);
- The possibility to participate in accompanying programs, seminars, cultural visits, etc. offered by the IIE Agency during the stay in the US.
Applications will be evaluated based on the quality of the scientific project and on perspectives for future cooperations between the US lab and UPSaclay. More information about the selection criteria here.
How to apply
Candidates must submitt their application via the application plateform of the Fulbright Commission.
The application must include:
- A CV
- A copy of passport
- Scans of all available transcripts and diplomas from higher education institutions you have attended (post-baccalaureate)
- A study/research objective description (3-5 pages)
- A personal statement (3-5 pages)
- 3 letters of reference, including one written by your research director at UPSaclay
- An invitation letter from an American university or public research center
- Optionally, a test score (TOEFL, IELTS…)
- 1st February 2020: Application deadline
- March: Selection interviews at the Franco-American Fulbright Commission, in French and in English
- April: Publication of selection results
- Between the August 1st, 2020 and May 1st, 2020: beginning of research mobility
For more information, visit the Fulbright commission website.
For any questions, please contact: