Université Paris-Saclay launches a sequence of trainings to accessibility on Wednesday, November 18, 2015, under the high patronage of Axelle Lemaire, Secretary of State for the digital. That first date will also be the occasion of the launch of the "Tour de France of digital accessibility", worn by the association Braillenet.
This sequence of courses for the Université Paris-Saclay is worn by Centralesupelec and the Université Paris-Sud, and organised with the support by the working groups "educational initiatives" and "Disability" of the Université Paris-Saclay to promote accessibility.
The training is free, open to all Paris-Saclay and features (see details below and herethe training registration):
- A module to the attention of all personnel of institutions: "accessibility, all concerned!";
- In-depth modules for teachers of all subjects;
- Modules specialized for informatics teachers;
- A module destined for communication services and to webmasters, in charge of institutional websites.
Last training on June 14, 2016, IUT, Université Paris-Sud, Orsay on the design and development of websites and applications accessible
- Understanding and applying the criterion of accessibility, know the principles of functioning of the API to improve accessibility, namely drafting technical specificationsintegrating accessibility, know how to use the api to develop accessible applications
Accessibility, all concerned!
- Know the principles, obligations, access problems and solutions to improve accessibility
- 18 November 2015, 13 h 30-18 h, Centralesupelec, Gif-sur-Yvette campus
Drafting of accessible materials, Office / open office
- Understand and apply the accessibility criteria, namely producing accessible contentwith Office / free agency, namely, assess and improve accessibility
- November 19, 2015, from 9:30 to 6 p.m. at the IUT d'Orsay, Plateau de Mendoza, Orsay
- February 16, 2016, Centralesupelec, Gif campus
Drafting of accessible materials, Latex
- Understand and apply accessibility criteria, namely producing accessible content with Latex, assess and improve accessibility, convert Latex documents into formats facilitating restitution
- January 19, 2016, IUT, Université Paris-Sud, Orsay
Writing content for the web
- Understanding and applying the criterion of accessibility, i.e. produce accessible using a manager of content (CMS) and accessible content in HTML, to assess the accessibility of its own productions
- March 31, 2016, Centralesupelec, Gif-sur-Yvette campus
Accessibility, it is guarantee to all, particularly to persons with disabilities, access to information and services. This includes Web sites that must meet certain standards and recommendations to be usable by all, and also mobile applications that enable today access to more services via the Internet. It should be noted also that the properly applied principle of digital accessibility improves the quality of services online in general.
- November 22, 2014 the first symposium Handiversite, was attended by 350 people,actors of education and training, companies, associations, and research in connection with the Saclay plateau.
- The issue of the accessibility of the digital has emerged as one of the major challenges for the inclusion of persons with disabilities.
- On the other hand, during the closing conference of the National Conference on disability, December 11, 2014 at the Elysee, the President of the Republic stated "digital should not be a barrier more, a banned, but leverage more, a chance more."
- The Bill on digital introduced on September 26, 2015 and currently in public debate,includes an enhanced digital inclusion.