FIPDes is training a new generation of food professionals capable of working across borders, with an inclusive vision of innovation to create sound, sustainable and healthy food solutions.
A cooperation of 5 top-ranking European Universities offers students a unique joint Master programme in Food Innovation & Product Design: FIPDes
- Université Paris Saclay and AgroParisTech - France
- Dublin Institute of Technology - Ireland
- University of Naples Federico II - Italy
- Lund University - Sweden
FIPDes adopts a holistic and cross-disciplinary approach to food innovation: from initial conception through prototypes to consumption, from raw materials to packaged goods.
Students coming from all over the world study, live and get professional experience in 4 different EU countries. They benefit from the most competitive and innovative learning environments, based on participative learning, team work, R&D projects and hands-on trainings in collaboration with pioneering research, culinary & industrial laboratories.
- 65 high quality teachers and researchers
- 25 international guest speakers
- 10 research centers
- 7 incubators and technologic halls
- 3 experimental kitchens
- 10 different scientific fields
- 40% practical, experimental and project work
The following scheme illustrates the international mobility
of FIPDes students during the 2-years Master program.
After getting 120 ECTS from the FIPDes partner institutions, successful students obtain MSc. Multiple Degrees, a Joint FIPDes Diploma with a Joint Diploma Supplement.
FIPDes stands out for its:
- High international visibility: After only 5 years, FIPDes is fast becoming the worldwide reference in its field with a visibility spread over more than 100 countries and students & alumni of more than 50 different nationalities
- Outstanding employability results: FIPDes graduates find employment worldwide within months of their graduation in a great variety of companies and positions, for example:
- Associate Scientist at Nestlé, France
- Lecturer in the School of Business & Management ITB of the Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia
- Head of the R&D department for Nutrisa, Mexico
- Creative students: Various innovation awards (e.g. “PEIPS” awards of Université Paris-Saclay, winners of “Food Hackathon” in Sweden, runner up price of the "Thought For Food challenge")
- Entrepreneurship spirit: Highly motivated and dedicated FIPDes graduates are creating their own start-up “FoPo” (Food Powder)
- Strong global network: 20 strategic socio-economic and research partners from the 5 continents are currently supporting FIPDes, among them:
"This Programme offers you a high quality training, a worldwide employability, new friends for life, self-confidence and a great experience you don’t get if you would stay comfortably at home."
Hervé This (INRA, associate FIPDes partner)
“We are like a big family which is one of the best things about FIPDes: the chance to share opinions, experiences and great time with smart people from all over the world”
A.G. Jordan (Alumni, FIPDes Graduate 2013)
This master was created, implemented and labelled under the Erasmus Mundus Programme.
In order to go further:
- FIPDes website ;
- brochure ;
- video :