Ce parcours est enseigné uniquement en langue anglaise, toutes les informations sont affichées en anglais.
Animal biology is at the crossroad of opportunities provided by the development of genomics, on the one hand, and on the other hand, societal issues dealing with the role of animals in our societies and the relationship between humans and animals. The aim of the PRIAM Master course (M2) is to train students who will become actors able to understand the complexity of animals living in their environment, to adapt them under a moving context, to monitor animal populations and to develop precision livestock farming systems.
The PRIAM course offers two "axis":
- Animal breeding and genetics,
- Animal physiology, nutrition and precision livestock farming systems.
The first axis is included within the European Master in Animal Breeding and Genetics (EMABG), coordinated by Wageningen University (The Netherlands).
The course is jointly organized by AgroParisTech, Alfort Veterinary School and the INRA Jouy-en-Josas Centre.
Courses are given in the three different places.
The research thesis is performed in labs, from January to September. Topics are proposed by the staff but students are also allowed to search a topic and a lab by their own.
Modalités de contrôle des connaissances associées aux unités d'enseignement des S1 et S2
Accédez au détail des répartitions horaires Cours/TP/TD
- S3 - Semestre 3 PRIAM
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Animal experiment, ethics and good practices in biology 2 18h 9h - Biostatistics, models and software 2 16h 8h - Principles and methods in animal genetics 1 12h 6h - Integrative analysis of reproduction 2 14h 7h - Quantitative and statistical genetics 3 26h 13h - Genome analysis 3 20h 10h - Genetic diversity and population management 3 26h 13h - Modeling from organs to herd and resource allocation 4 44h 22h - Scientific project 7 - - -
1 SELECTABLE COURSE - SEQUENCE 1 :
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Precision livestock management: application of quantitative biology and predictive models 1 12h 6h - Advanced animal genetics 1 9h 9h -
1 SELECTABLE COURSE - SEQUENCE 2 :
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Adaptation 1 12h 6h - Epidemiology and health 1 12h 6h -
1 SELECTABLE COURSE - SEQUENCE 3 :
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Applied Ethology 1 12h 6h - Epigenetics and genes regulations 1 12h 6h -
- Core courses
- S4 - Semestre 4 PRIAM
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Research thesis 30 - - -
Objectifs et débouchés
The PRIAM course offers an updated training, which will improve the knwoledge in biology as well as the expertise on methods to model biological processing and analyze huge sets of data. The course also trains to put research questions within the framework of environemental and societal issues such as biodiversity, sustainability, animal welfare and ethics. The first professional goal of the course is to train for research, in both industry and academia. The course provides with methodological skills and exprtise valuable for the integration of different levels of organisation of living orgnisms (from molcules to populations). Students will also be trained to multidiscplinarity and inter-disciplinarity approaches. The field covers a wide spectrum of animal species. The main emphasis is put on farm animals, for livestock production or aquaculture. Companion animals, as well as some wild species and model species are also under consideration.
Doctoral positions represent a first group of opportunities after the PRIAM course, leading then to carrers in research, in both industry and academia. The methodological skills and expertise acquired during this course allow students to directly take some positions in the industry: breeding companies, feedstuff companies, technical institues, extension services, biotechnologies companies, wildlife conservatories, etc.
Pièces justificatives à joindre à la candidature en ligne / List of documents you have to join to the online application :
- CV/Curriculum vitae (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Lettre de motivation/Letter of motivation (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Relevé de notes 2016-2017/Original and translation in English or French of transcript of records for current academic year 2016-2017
- Relevé de notes 2015-2016/Original and translation in English or French of transcript of records for last academic year 2015-2016 (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Relevé de notes 2014-2015/Original and translation in English or French of transcript of records for last academic year 2014-2015 (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Coordonnées référents/Contact details of the referee (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Curriculum (UE)/CURRICULUM - List of courses taken during university studies
- Justificatif du niveau d'Anglais (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
La capacité d'accueil de cette formation est de 14 étudiants
Les modalités d'examen de la candidature sont les suivantes : Examen de dossier à déposer sur le site web de l'UPSaclay ; Entretien
Date d'ouverture de campagne : 30/01/2017
Date de fermeture de campagne : 08/06/2017
From 01/02/2018 to 10/06/2018.
New-comers international students in France and candidates for continuing education: it is advisable to apply before the end of February (results communicated in March 2018), which will allow you, if you are admitted, to prepare your scholarship and visa applications, and to set up your CIF, DIF, Pole Emploi applications.
Prepare your application
1. Language proficiency:
- Have a good proficiency in the English language (oral and written), certified by a IELTS, TOIEC or TOEFL score (minimum level B2) : IELTS score 5.5/6.5 ; TOEIC > 785 (C1>945) ; TOEFL IBT score 72/94 ; Cambridge FCE A or B grade ; or any equivalent official test (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more informations).
- Have some proficiency in the French language for non-native speakers (equivalent DELF level B1). For students who are not francophone by birth, certificate of French level : a knowledge certificate of the french language issued by the French embassy or a French language center. The students holding a French diploma or a diploma instructed in French are exempt from that obligation.
2. Letters of recommendation :
For students registered abroad in 2017-2018 :
Online recommendation tool: Follow the instructions on your application tool.
3. The recruitment panel will review your file on the following bases:
- file review followed by interview for eligible files;
- excellent foundation in biology, especially genetic (molecular and quantitative) or physiology;
- an experience in animal biology is a plus;
- solid notions in statistics applied to biology;
- a very good level of English, to follow a course entirely taught in English: B2 level minimum;
- B1 level in French (official test required for non-French speaking candidates).
- Other profiles :
VAPP (Validation des acquis professionnels et personnels) : candidater à la formation, sans avoir les diplômes requis, par la prise en compte de votre expérience (service payant : 250€).
List of supporting documents
To submit your application, click here : https://www.universite-paris-saclay.fr/fr/formation/admission
Mandatory supporting documents
- Cover letter
- Academic transcripts of all studies since baccalaureate (high school)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Curriculum: Courses list of 2 previous years
- For applicants who were enrolled in a Université Paris-Saclay M1 level in 2017-2018 : list of applications to Université Paris-Saclay M2 levels for 2018-2019. Download the form here : node/3923
- English language level certificate B2
- French language level B1 : for students who are not native french speakers
- Online recommendation tool: Follow the instructions on your application tool
Optional supporting documents
- Contact information of a mentor
- Letter of recommendation from an internship supervisor
- Dossier VAPP (obligatoire pour tous les candidats n’ayant pas les diplômes requis).