Ce parcours est enseigné uniquement en langue anglaise, toutes les informations sont affichées en anglais.
With the advent of high-throughput methods of production data (genome sequencing, expression of RNA and proteins, metabolomics), different sectors of life sciences (pharmaceuticals, hospitals, biotechnology, agro-industry, environment, basic research) need scientists and engineers with good biological knowledge and able to process and analyze large amounts of heterogeneous data. The course GENIOMHE of the Master “ioinformatique” is a multidisciplinary training of biology, informatics and mathematics to meet the current needs of research and innovation in the areas of health and environment: - Meet the new challenges arising from the evolution and rapid development of high-speed data production technologies - Master the technologies of storage and organization of large volumes of data (Big Data) - Use and develop information decision systems for personalized medicine - Learn new treatment methods for personalized medicine - Master the design and implementation of in silico methods and tools for the analysis of data from functional and structural genomics experiments of personalized medicine - Control the processing of large volumes of data from metagenomics experiments to explore biodiversity - Master information technologies associated with the analysis and modelling of biomedical data - Support independently development projects in various programming languages - Offer innovative bioinformatics solutions and perform the analysis and developments needed to test new hypotheses for the living.
The lessons of the GENIOHME course are taught by a multidisciplinary teaching team composed of teachers from three scientific fields: biology, computer science and statistics.
The access to technology platforms of Genopole® supervised by the researchers of the campus is a more of the training.
Through a series of lectures given by speakers from biotechnology companies, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, research centers, etc., the students can build a professional network.
Modalités de contrôle des connaissances associées aux unités d'enseignement des S1 et S2
Accédez au détail des répartitions horaires Cours/TP/TD
- S3 - Semestre 3
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Dynamics of system biology 2 12h 8h - Metagenomic and genomic population 2 12h 8h - NGS and functionnal genomics 2 12h 8h - Data integration and Big Data 2 12h 8h - Comparative Genomics 2 12h 8h - Practical analysis of NGS from complex deseases 3 - - 22h Advanced Machine Learning for computational biology and personalized medicine 3 12h 10h - Statistiques pour la génomique et la génétique 3 12h 12h - The Professional world of biotechnology, knowledge and expertise 2 - 24h -
2 UE au choix
Matières Ects Cours TD TP ncRNAs and diseases 3 12h 10h - Decision systems for personalized medicine 3 12h 10h - Formal methods for personalized medicine 3 12h 10h -
1 UE au choix
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Proteomics and metabolic networks 3 12h 10h - Advances algorithmic and parallel programming for massive instances 3 12h 10h -
- UE obligatoires
- S4 - Semestre 4
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Stage 30 - - -
The need of bioinformaticians by biotechnology companies, pharmaceutical industries, agro-industries, and hospital services is growing steadily over the past fifteen years. The course GENIOMHE of the Master “Bioinformatique” allows rapid employment of students in the fields of health (pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, research centers, biotechnology companies) and in the field of the environment. The Master Bioinformatique allows the graduates to :
- Access to engineering positions in bioinformatics, research and development, for example :
- Designer and developer of databases and biology websites, in health, agriculture or environment
- Designer and developer of algorithms and bioinformatics software
- Biomedical Analyst
- Bioinformatics platforms Manager
- Or continue with a PhD in Life Sciences and Health or Informatics with bioinformatics orientation.
The training is based in a large part on the network of research laboratories and companies of Genopole® of Evry. These research laboratories are recognized actors at national and international levels to develop their interactions between biology, computer science, applied mathematics and statistics to analyze and process biological data produced on a large scale by the major centers biology: genomics data, metagenomics, proteomics, metabolomics, human genetics, agronomy and environment, etc...
A number of interventions are performed by business executives (Bioadvice, France Genomics, GenoSplice, IntegraGen, Jean Hache Conseil, PopsiCube, SPLIMS, Voluntis) or by professionals of public institutions (CEA, CNRS, INRA, INSERM, Institut de Génomique, Institut Pasteur, Hôpital Sud Francilien).
After the course GENIOMHE of the Master “Bioinformatique”, the students will master the computational and statistical techniques for storing, processing and analysing massive data from high-throughput experiments data in the areas of health and environment. They will select and use a number of tools and platforms to study these biomedical data.
The students will gain :
- • Triple training in biology, computer science and statistics combined with professional skills
- • Knowledge of technology and computer platforms through projects supervised by the professional platforms of Genopole® site
- • Varied and immediately usable technical skills, which is very popular with employers
- • Ability to adapt to a new work environment and an open mind resulting from a multidisciplinary work experience, including through cross-functional project
- • Set of knowledge designed to provide opportunities for professional integration in various trades in bioinformatics.
The master will be ensured in English, allowing an opening to the international. Application of English-speaking students is therefore welcome. Internships abroad will be encouraged and supported, particularly for Francophone students.
Pièces justificatives à joindre à la candidature en ligne / List of documents you have to join to the online application :
- For students who are not francophone by birth, Certificate of French level
- Curriculum : Courses list of previous years/list des enseignements des années antérieures (Obligatory / Obligatoire)
- Curriculum Vitae (Obligatory / Obligatoire)
- Letter of motivation / Lettre de motivation (Obligatory / Obligatoire)
- List of mentors / Liste de coordonnées de personnes réferentes (Optional / Optionnel)
- Recommendation letter / Lettre de recommandation (Optional / Optionnel)
- TOEFL certificate / Justificatif TOEFL (Optional / Optionnel)
- TOEIC Certificate / Justificatif TOEIC (Optional / Optionnel)
- Transcript of year 2015-2016 / Relevé de notes année 2015-2016 (Obligatory / Obligatoire)
- Transcript of year 2014-2015 / Relevé de notes année 2014-2015 (Obligatory / Obligatoire)
Modalités et calendrier de jury / Admission rules and time-frame :
- Date limite de candidature / Deadline for submission of applications : 15 juillet 2016
- Nature du jury / Jury type : Several admission sessions / jurys multiples
Mandatory supporting documents
Additional supporting documents
- Institut de Génomique (IG)
- Centre National de Génotypage (CNG)
- Institut de Génomique (IG)
- Centre National de Génotypage (CNG)