For this interational track, specific fees are applied.
One of the world’s most pressing challenges is to meet the fast growing energy demand while at the same time reducing green house gases and pollutant emissions. Today, and for the foreseeable future, 80% of the energy consumed in France comes from fossil fuels (over 85% in developed countries, and almost 100% in developing countries), but the production of renewable and nuclear energy is bound to increase sharply. This situation opens exciting new challenges in developing cleaner and more efficient energy production methods, as well as more effective energy distribution systems. The goal of this Master 1 program is to provide solid scientific foundations in the field of energy science. In particular, it prepares students to join all M2 specialties offered in the Energy program of University Paris Saclay. The international section of the Master 1 program is entitled: « Thermosciences and Materials ». All M1 classes are given in English and intensive French courses are scheduled for non French-speaking students in order to give them access to the M2 specialties which are mostly taught in French.
The general objectives of the M1are to:
- provide the scientific background required in the field of energy. In particular in heat transfer, fluid mechanics, chemical engineering, materials, treatment and conversion of electrical energy;
- give, through the core curriculum, an introduction to great energy challenges;
- give a first experience of numerical methods required to solve complex problems.
Modalités de contrôle des connaissances associées aux unités d'enseignement des S1 et S2
Accédez au détail des répartitions horaires Cours/TP/TD
- S1 - Semestre 1
Tronc commun S1
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Conference series: Seminars, Cafe science, Conferences Energy 2 45h - - Laboratory classes 6 27h - - English language 1 2 27h - -
Parcours Energy Science and Engineering S1
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Chemical Engineering and Sustainable Development 4 36h - - Heat Transfer 3 - - - Research Project 1 8 - - - Electrical Power Engineering 3 45h - - French language 1 2 20h - -
- Tronc commun S1
- S2 - Semestre 2
Tronc commun S2
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Sustainable development 4 36h - - Economics 2 20h - - Numerical methods 4 36h - - English language 2 2 20h - -
Parcours Energy Science and Engineering S2
Matières Ects Cours TD TP Fluid mechanics 4 36h - - Cogeneration and energy production 4 - - - Research project 2 8 45h - - French language 2 2 20h - -
- Tronc commun S2
There is a direct connection with research activities conducted in the field of energy.
Social and economic partners
The students of the M1 research program will benefit from the strong industrial partnership of the Ecole Centrale Paris and Supelec in the field of energy: production, transport and distribution of energy, propulsion, etc. This partnership takes various forms such as conferences, classes or student projects.
This master's programs offer additional services. These programs require specific tuition fees in addition to the mandatory fees.
Tuition fees: 6 000 € the first academic year
Some students may be eligible for a fee waiver.
This program is primarily designed for international students.
Pièces justificatives à joindre à la candidature en ligne / List of documents you have to join to the online application :
- CV/Curriculum vitae (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Lettre de motivation/Letter of motivation (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Relevé de notes 2016-2017/Original and translation in English or French of transcript of records for current academic year 2016-2017
- Relevé de notes 2015-2016/Original and translation in English or French of transcript of records for last academic year 2015-2016 (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Relevé de notes 2014-2015/Original and translation in English or French of transcript of records for last academic year 2014-2015 (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Coordonnées référents/Contact details of the referee (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Curriculum (UE)/CURRICULUM - List of courses taken during university studies (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
- Justificatif du niveau de Français/French proficency level
- Justificatif du niveau d'Anglais/English proficency level (Obligatoire/Obligatory)
La capacité d'accueil de cette formation est de 10 étudiants
Les modalités d'examen de la candidature sont les suivantes : Examen de dossier à déposer sur le site web de l'UPSaclay ; Entretien
Date d'ouverture de campagne : 08/02/2017
Date de fermeture de campagne : 15/06/2017