Doctoral training - Université Paris-Saclay
The creation of a unique Université Paris-Saclay doctorate was one of the main commitments of our IDEX project. Our ambition is to create a doctorate degree which can be a flagship of Université Paris-Saclay and contributes as such to its international visibility. Doctoral training at Université Paris-Saclay is organized to fulfill the missions associated with the national accreditation by the ministry of higher education, and the principles for innovative doctoral training in Europe.
The doctorate is the highest degree of the higher education.
It benefits from an international recognition, in particular with the European licence, master, doctorate (LMD) system. It is the subject of a specific and demanding national regulatory framework. Much is said in a limited number of words (L612-7):
- "Doctoral training is a training-by-doing research and a training to research, which includes, as part of doctoral programs, individual or collective realization of original scientific work.
- These doctoral programs are organized in close collaboration with research laboratories and research teams whose quality is recognized by a periodic national assessment.
- They take into account the needs of the national research and innovation policy and have international exposure.
- They consist in a professional research experience awarded, after the defense of the thesis, by the doctoral degree, and conferring the title of doctor.
- Doctoral programs are organized by doctoral schools under conditions set by decree of the Minister of Higher Education. "
More specifically, the doctorate of Université Paris-Saclay is also :
- An outstanding research environment research environment to develop doctoral projects: 300 research units, nearly 11,000 researchers and academics, visibility and international recognition, at the core of the strategy of Université Paris-Saclay,
- A doctoral degree, visible and legible, a policy for doctoral training and joint actions shared by 20 doctoral schools and 19 member institutions or partners, coordinated within a single doctoral college and enrolled in a quality assurance approach,
- Structured doctoral programs dedicated to disciplinary or thematic challenges, to provide doctoral candidates a wide scientific culture and international opening, organized by doctoral schools
- Cross-actions and training programs dedicated to transferable skills and career development, organized by the doctoral college.
Friday 07 July 2017 - Doctoral School
The PhD graduation ceremony of Université Paris-Saclay was, for the second year, the occasion to share an outstanding moment between graduate...Read more
Monday 24 April 2017 - Doctoral School
Inscription indispensable !Read more
Monday 27 February 2017 - Doctoral SchoolRead more
Tuesday 21 February 2017 - Doctoral School
The 5000 PhD students of Université Paris-Saclay and partner companies of its institutions are invited to inaugurate the two new PhDs training...Read more
Friday 28 April 2017 - DoctoratsRead more