CALL FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR FOREIGN PhD STUDENTS IN COTUTELLA OR COSUPERVISED THESIS IN PRECARIOUS SITUATIONS DUE TO FUNDING FAILURE”
Call made based on the decision of the Board of Directors of October 13th, 2020.
Presentation and framework of the call
Doctoral students of foreign nationality in international cotutella or cosupervised thesis benefit from funding determined within the framework of the agreement linking the two institutions. Nevertheless, risks may arise due to the failure of the foreign party or the insufficient amount of the grant paid by the institution or the country of origin.
This is a maximum social aid of €2,500, payable in one go.
Applicants must be administratively registered at Paris-Saclay University and not benefit from an effective grant system from their country of origin higher than €1000. They will have to justify a situation that does not respect the commitments made when signing the co-supervision or cotutella agreement.
Their situation will be studied on the basis of the economic situation of the household and the examination of the co-financing methods provided for in the agreement.
This aid aims in particular to support:
- living expenses;
- bank and insurance charges, as well as any administrative expenses.
Each aid will be of a maximum amount of €2,500, adjustable on the basis of recommendations from the council of the doctoral college and the International and European Relations Office, on the basis of a single payment.
Students in their fourth year of thesis are not eligible.
- Online application form: https://psud.moveonfr.com/form/61dc43eba094213a403b2684/eng
- Global financing plan for the thesis and supporting documents
- Co-supervision or cotutella agreement
- Letter of support from the thesis supervisor and the doctoral school
- Any document proving the failure of the external funding
- French bank details
- Sworn statement of the veracity of the documents provided (in the form)
Committee meeting dates: Every first Thursday of the month.
Members of the Commission:
- Vice-President in charge of Internaitonal Relations or its representative
- Assistant Vice-President in charge of the PhD or its representative
- Directeur général des service adjoint "missions"
- Members of the International and European Relations Office
The secretariat is provided by the International and European Relations Office